Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove my air intake box in order to clean my throttle bodies since my idle has been crap lately. I have the tank off but I can't figure out how to take off the intake. I can't see any fasteners that I can take out either. Any help would be appreciated.

Chad

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Throttle body removal
1. Remove fuel tank (page 5.12)
2. remove IAC hoses,IAC valve, and bracket after removing ignition coil and bracket (page 5.24)
3. remove TMAP sensor and throttle cables from bracket.
4. remove breather hose from air box
5. use an extended length 5mm ball drive hex socket to remove (2) screws securing right side of throttle body to intake adaptors
6. use an extended length 5mm ball drive hex socket tp remove (2) screws securing left side of throttle body to intake adaptors
7. lift air box and slide throttle body out left side
8. replace O-rings upon assembly, using care during installation that O-rings are not damaged or displaced
9. retorque back to speck when reassembling

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle body removal
1. Remove fuel tank (page 5.12)
2. remove IAC hoses,IAC valve, and bracket after removing ignition coil and bracket (page 5.24)
3. remove TMAP sensor and throttle cables from bracket.
4. remove breather hose from air box
5. use an extended length 5mm ball drive hex socket to remove (2) screws securing right side of throttle body to intake adaptors
6. use an extended length 5mm ball drive hex socket tp remove (2) screws securing left side of throttle body to intake adaptors
7. lift air box and slide throttle body out left side
8. replace O-rings upon assembly, using care during installation that O-rings are not damaged or displaced
9. retorque back to speck when reassembling
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought the tank removal was pretty easy and I could just lift the air box out but boy was I mistaken. I appreciate you getting me this information.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't there an access panel on the top of the airbox?
I wish it were that easy. I guess a lot of the other engines had the access panel but they changed something on the '09. Maybe this will just kick me to get some tourque tubes.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I wish it were that easy. I guess a lot of the other engines had the access panel but they changed something on the '09. Maybe this will just kick me to get some tourque tubes.
Cut that plastic junk out of there and pop on an S&S or TTI... The results are more than worth it. That stock airbox holds the bike back so much...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the manual for the '08 and found the exploded drawing in there. Do you have an electronic copy of the manual for the '09's?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts