Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. changed my oil at 500 miles, took a 200 mile trip to the beach and on the way back.. I was using the cruise control in 6 gear doing about 65 when the check engine light came on. I did slow down a bit and down shifted at the next off ramp. The engine stopped totally. Then shifted into second and the engine started. The engine light then when out. I traveled another 100 miles with the light going on and off all the way home. As I pulled into the house, with the cluch pulled in the engine start reving and slowing reving and slowing over and over again. I noticed the computer readings on my display showed err on some of the screens as I triggered through the mileage displays. Did I get some bad gas? Did my on board computer go bad? What should I do? Should I take it immediately to my dealer? Help!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It has nothing to do with gas. Check eng is triggered only by faulty input from sensor. First thing to do is to check the battery terminals for being tight. Next start the bike, and observe the volt gauge. If it is more then a needles width above 14 you are overcharging. If the battery is tight; then go to your dealer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.