Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install the 1/4 throttle ring on a 2014 xct and i am doing something wrong but i do not have enough cable to finish the instalation. I have watched witchdoctors' video and i compleated the following steps:
1.- I have lossen the nuts (left side of the bracket) of both cables at the throttle body to get some slack
2.- I have lossen the cable micro adjusters on the handlebar all the way to get the maximum cable slack
3.- I have opened the switch casing, installed the 1/4 ring (the grips are the heated stock ones)
4.- Connected the back cable over the ring, no problem
5.- Then tried to connect the front cable over the ring to it's housing and that is when my problems started, i do not have enough cable to drive it in its housing.

Please advise what i have done wrong or missing

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There is nothing abnormal going on. It's a tight fit even after giving it all the slack there is. I've done this 3 times, twice on the KP (stock grips then heated) and the other on the CCT. Each time after I get all the slack I can, I pull the end up to the hole just enough to hold it then I take a small angled pick and grab the cable and pull it over into the slot while pressing on the end. Once it's in the slot, it'll be loose and you'll tighten up your cables.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is nothing abnormal going on. It's a tight fit even after giving it all the slack there is. I've done this 3 times, twice on the KP (stock grips then heated) and the other on the CCT. Each time after I get all the slack I can, I pull the end up to the hole just enough to hold it then I take a small angled pick and grab the cable and pull it over into the slot while pressing on the end. Once it's in the slot, it'll be loose and you'll tighten up your cables.
Thanks for the reply it is very tight and i do not know if i am going to be able to drive it into its place, but i will try tonight

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
13,242 Posts
Do you have the HR-1 1/4 turn. If not you have the wrong one

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the HR-1 1/4 turn. If not you have the wrong one
Yes I got the HR-1, it fits perfectly around the grip the problem is that I do not have enough slack on the cable to install it. I am going to follow RB advise tonight and see if I can do it, if not I am going to swallow the ring LOL

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yes I got the HR-1, it fits perfectly around the grip the problem is that I do not have enough slack on the cable to install it. I am going to follow RB advise tonight and see if I can do it, if not I am going to swallow the ring LOL
If you cant get it to work you are doing something incorrectly , you would be the first ....

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
You'll pay Hell tying to pass it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried last night again and I was unsuccessful, I tried it with the angle pic but could not get the cable over the ring, then I desisted with the ring put everything back the way it was and found that the pull cable is rubbing the throttle body because it was pulled out from its path at the throttle body. Do you have an advice of what is the best way to pull it back to where it was without a mayor disassembly process?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts