Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my 1/4 throttle ring I've lost my 'hard stop' when I decelerate. Not a problem most of the time, but occasionally when coming to a stop and grabbing the brake the throttle will go past its stop and really slow the idle. I really like my 1/4 turn, I just cant stand stuff thats not quite right. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
2011 Cross Country w/multiple adaptations
154 Posts
May just need to re-adjust the slack in the cables...see your manual

·
Registered
44 Posts
As in the throttle tube on the bar goes past the stop? That shouldn't have anything to do with cable adjustment, but that shouldn't have anything to do with idle either. Sounds like the throttle tube isn't tightened down properly and it's slipping on the bar when you force it shut or the stop inside the tube is worn and it's pushing past it.
As far as the idle is concerned, the throttle can't shut it any more than the stop in the throttle body will allow. It sounds like whoever installed the ¼ turn didn't adjust the cable correctly and it has been keeping your throttle partially open. You got used to the slightly higher idle and now that it's pushing past the stop the throttle blade is actually shutting giving you your true idle. Or after the ¼ turn was installed they adjusted your idle at the throttle body based on the out of adjustment cable and now that it is shutting the idle is low.
Either way, I'd start with figuring out why the throttle is going past the stop and correcting that, then move on to cable adjustment making sure the throttle blade is shut when the throttle is at the stop then adjust the idle once you know the throttle and cable are where they need to be.

Edit: lube the cable while you're at it. Sometimes a sticking cable can feel like the throttle going past the stop.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to take up the slack in the return cable , in other words , screw the adjuster for the rear cable out .

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the hard stop on the inside of the housing has been 'clearanced' to make room for the 1/4 turn ring, or it wouldnt turn. It looks like it may have been holding it in a false idle and the push cable may have been forcing it into its normal position. Gonna put it back together and drive it tomorrow. Let ya knowthumb up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts