Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a quarter turn ring on my 06 Vegas with Transformer grips. I can get it all together but the housing will not close. The ring rubs and hits the housing at what look to be start and stop notches in the housing. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to grind those down? I don't really understand how the throttle works. Does it hit stop points in the housing? If so then how does the quarter turn change that?

·
Registered
314 Posts
See the other thread on the "active topics" page. Sounds like the older bikes have issues with these rings.

·
13,242 Posts
you need HR 2 ring and that will work with custom grips or H-D grips.
the number is on the side of the ring

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put one on my 04 KP a few years back. I had to take a Dremel and grind out the tabs. Once you get it clearanced, it will work great.

Reactions: BillyGlock

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can to much be ground off of these knobs in the housing? What is their function? Will be calling Witchdoctors and LLodz.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can this thread be closed or deleted so all that remains are replies in the other thread to help consolidate info?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why does that not look like a Victory switching
I don't know it was on the bike. I am going to grind the areas out. I am sure it is just extra casting to help guide the cable. I am just afraid of screwing things up and don't want to rush in.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Can anyone explain how this changes the amount of rotation?
The cables still move the same distance at the throttle body, but the circumference at the throttle grip is now bigger, so you don't have to twist it as far.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Paul.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts