Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It's cheap enough you can easily try it and decide if you like it or not. I honestly didn't ride my bike much at all before adding the 1/4 turn with bar change so I don't even know what stock feels like. I know I barely have to move my wrist and I like that. Others have tried it and decided not to keep it. Only you really know for sure what you like.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
I like mine.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Well worth it. I would never take mine off. There's a difference, not huge,but it a nice one.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
And now, for something different.

I had one and ended up removing it. It worked fine. However, you lose a little throttle control; it takes less roll to change the throttle so it's much more sensitive. I spend time in traffic occasionally so I like more control over my throttle. Is it a big change? not really, I just prefer not using it. I appear to be in the minority here :)

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Is the 1/4 turn throttle worth the minimal cost. I've gotten used to the turn but that lag on the bottom end drives me crazy.
The twist ratio of the throttle grip is in no way related to lag at the bottom end. It will not be a cheap fix for a tuning issue.

All the 1/4 turn does is make the rotational distance of the grip from 0 to 100% match the rotational distance of a human wrist. Period, end of story.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a CR for 3 years thought the 1/4 turn was a silly gimmick. Bought a used CC that had a 1/4 turn and would not want to ride without it. I hardly move my wrist all day its much more comfortable with the throttle boss than without.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
And now, for something different.

I had one and ended up removing it. It worked fine. However, you lose a little throttle control; it takes less roll to change the throttle so it's much more sensitive. I spend time in traffic occasionally so I like more control over my throttle. Is it a big change? not really, I just prefer not using it. I appear to be in the minority here :)
I agree. Next time I have that side apart it is coming out.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
I was at an event where Kyle was dyno tuning. He handed me a baggie.
"What is it?" I asked. He said it was a brand new product... the 1/4 turn throttle I had been dreaming about...

"Oh yeah?", I said. He said there's one on my Jackpot, go try it...
It was installed that day.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Like to many things, I waited when it should have been installed right away, like the 1/4 turn ring, PC-V, cams and a tune.

...but then again it sort of gave me a new bike for not much money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The twist ratio of the throttle grip is in no way related to lag at the bottom end. It will not be a cheap fix for a tuning issue.

All the 1/4 turn does is make the rotational distance of the grip from 0 to 100% match the rotational distance of a human wrist. Period, end of story.
Due to injury in my wrist and loss of mobility the rotational change will be worth it alone. My other bike does not have near as long as a rotation so any reduction there is well worth it for me

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I finally got time to put my 1/4 ring on. Really made a difference for me. Nice having throttle input immediately. I could see why its not for everyone but for me it is perfect

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Be honest @RICZ, you sang it in your head as you read it... :D

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I've only ridden my bike the day I got it home without the 1/4 turn. By time I had the plates to be able to ride it the 1/4 was already installed.
No complaints. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts