Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 1/4 turn throttle rind will work with ISO grips? I have used ISO grips for years and now everything else just seems uncomfortable. So I had the need to upgrade when I got my XC.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Does anyone know if the 1/4 turn throttle rind will work with ISO grips? I have used ISO grips for years and now everything else just seems uncomfortable. So I had the need to upgrade when I got my XC.

Yes , there is a ring to fit your grips

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the 1/4 ring and ISO grips. I used the HR2 ring. I also installed an HR2 on my buddies XCT with Ness grips. I had to clean out some excess rubber and plastic in his throttle sleeve to make his turn freely.

Tip, clip the nylon tie on the gooseneck of the frame. This will give you a bit more cable slack. Once installed just slide a new tie into the mount on the neck. Yes you will have to loosen the throttle adjustment nuts and retighten after install. If you have cruise, pay attention to the position of the cruise cable/pulley position before you start. The cable will slide off the pulley, be sure it's in the pulley grooves before tightening everything.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Strange , I have installed a half dozen or more of these on various grips , have yet to have a fitment issue , especially where I had to remove material ....

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Is a 1/4 really make a difference?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
yes it should come that way stock. it doesnt make it 1/4 turn from closed to wide open, it shortens the total by about 1/4. i made mine out of a pvc fitting, cost me $1

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is a 1/4 really make a difference?
It's possibly the best bang for the buck upgrade you can do next to the Lloydz timing wheel.

Saves your wrist from some fatigue and gets the bike up and moving a bit quicker.

$20 well spent.

·
13,188 Posts
Lightwield

you have to say what model and year you have or you'll get the wrong ring

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I just checked lloydz price on 1/4 turn. Hmm $12 shipping? On a $20 part? Wtf. That's bullshit.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Shop around Jim , other vendors carry them for much less shipping . I am compiling a WD order and when I hit 100.00 I get free shipping , I could get it for you and mail it to you for a buck .

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
try your dealer, sometimes they can order it for you, but this us why i made my own

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I just checked lloydz price on 1/4 turn. Hmm $12 shipping? On a $20 part? Wtf. That's bullshit.
I heard that if you call them, they will adjust the shipping cost. My guess is the shipping is automatically applied via the website ecommerce application. I got my 1/4 with the air filter so it wasn't just that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
These are pretty easy to make-I had one made and couldn't find it last weekend when I went to do the install but found the PVC coupling I used and had another one made in about 10 minutes. DIY fab & install make this mod a lot sweeter than shelling out cash.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not just a $20 part; it can be shipped in an envelope. The're aren't many options when it comes to certain aftermarket Vic Cross parts. That's why Lloydz gets away with ridiculously pricing parts and shipping. I've stated this before, $135 plus shipping for an air filter is a joke. Problem is the jokes on us!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
JPaul made a cool tread about making the ring, i also made it myself, it was fun to do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts