Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track yesterday. I wasn't intending on running my bike at all. It's a stage 1 for Christ's sake. After some prodding, I was finally convinced to get out there. I have never been on a track before, car, motorcycle, golf cart (you laugh, we did it), nothing. $10 all day, I finally said OK.

First time out, I stalled out.

Second time - fifth time ran fairly consistent 8.0-8.2 @ 83-85.
Sixth time - saw a Busa rider leave out right before I did. Think I was stuck in "holy poop, that's fast" mode and stalled out again.

Seventh time - Ass end went 45 degrees to the track, let off, finally grabbed and ended up a little longer than my previous runs @ 9.3.

After that, I decided I was done. It's fun to see what it will do and outrun HDs where there can't be any debate about road conditions or curves. But after the track getting slick, it's not worth dropping the bike for bragging rights, those tend to go away if you end up trailering the bike off to a shop anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Goodonya for having a go mate!
I took my Vegas out to the 1/4 mile earlier this year but the timing equipment was bung on the day our car club had the track booked.
We got flagged away and no times but had a ball wringing the Vegas neck!

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
It's good to "wring their neck" once in awhile, take it out and hit the rev-limiter in first or second or fifth:devil . Mine gets wrung out often, you won't hurt a thing.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
My bloody oath it is!...these Vics love to rev, had my limiter raised by 500 rpm on the dyno after fitting torquetubes.
Nothing like feeling the bike tryna pull outta your hands under acceleration and cutting a nice line through the twisties too.
Funny thing, what feels real strong on the street always feels lacking when youre a bike length behind on the track, thats where the hotter cams come into their own I reckon, but I like my grunt from 2000-3000 RPM too much to sacrifice it...maybe if I went up to a 106 they have similar torque to my 100 thats breathing but romp away in HP.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the first time I had hit my rev limiter, almost freaked me out. Winding it out and then it quits, had a nano-second thought of finding a trailer.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
Yeah I hit mine first time I really rode it, leaving Melbourne for a 1200 mile trip home after buying my Vegas.
Thought geeze wtf is wrong with this thing! ....nearly took it back to the guy I bought it off.
Weny bah bah bah bahhh and fell in a hole!
Never owned anythinv with a limiter before....all new to me.
Only time I really hit it now after having it raised 500 is if I gotta show a Harley whos boss.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Went to the track yesterday. I wasn't intending on running my bike at all. It's a stage 1 for Christ's sake. After some prodding, I was finally convinced to get out there. I have never been on a track before, car, motorcycle, golf cart (you laugh, we did it), nothing. $10 all day, I finally said OK.

First time out, I stalled out.

Second time - fifth time ran fairly consistent 8.0-8.2 @ 83-85.
Sixth time - saw a Busa rider leave out right before I did. Think I was stuck in "holy poop, that's fast" mode and stalled out again.

Seventh time - Ass end went 45 degrees to the track, let off, finally grabbed and ended up a little longer than my previous runs @ 9.3.

After that, I decided I was done. It's fun to see what it will do and outrun HDs where there can't be any debate about road conditions or curves. But after the track getting slick, it's not worth dropping the bike for bragging rights, those tend to go away if you end up trailering the bike off to a shop anyway.
Nice to see it's got balls!!:devil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts