Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far my only complaint with my hardball is the cheap weatherstripping they used for a seal on the hard bags.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
My one complaint is that I am not riding right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have found over the years, mostly Yamahas, that leather bags leak less than hard bags. Clothes will get damp from the humidity in leather bags, but rarely actually leak. When I go on my yearly long trip I pack my clothes in a dry bag and strap it to the seat.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Useclear silicone adhesive to hold the seals down and move the chunk of foam between the lid and the latch to keep your lids from rattling. I've ridden 100's of miles in heavy rain and never had a drop of water in the bags.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Useclear silicone adhesive to hold the seals down and move the chunk of foam between the lid and the latch to keep your lids from rattling. I've ridden 100's of miles in heavy rain and never had a drop of water in the bags.
I think i got robbed at the dealer your the second person in a few threads to mention the foam. There isn't any foam under the lids of my bags.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There should be chunks of foam (1 per lid) with a hole through the middle of them that are approx. 1.5"x1.5" inside the lid in front of the latch. If they aren't there then they dealer probably mistook them for a transport items and tossed them out. If the pieces aren't there call the dealer and tell them so they can order a set and possibly even send them to your house.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just on the phone with ninja and I aint got no foam. Oh well. Im going to call a different dealer this time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Man i just checked mine and i have the foam pieces. Like i said i would be pretty angry and calling everyone i could. Text me let me know what you find out.
Good luck man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts