Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thinking of dropping my Hammer about an inch or inch and a half at the back. Anyone done this? Does it look s lot better and still ride well? I watched the WD video and it looks pretty easy.

Any particular ones I should go for? Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi.
I had 1,5" bones on my Hammer 8 ball. 8 Ball model is 1" lower than S model from factory. Im also have 300 rear tyre.
No problem at all.

regards Håkan

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Did it change the way it rode at all? Did it look heaps better too?

·
12,983 Posts
Move the wires on the bottom of fender
stiffen up shock to prevent bottoming out
Readjust your belt

shocked you would even ask this when your a seasoned Vic owner. Guess you never read other post all the years you been here

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Johnny, I know it can be done. I know it has been done too. I'm more asking if the people who have done it on their S liked it. I wouldn't do it just for looks if it spoiled the handling say 20%. If it rides the same I'll probably do it as it's pretty cheap. I might go air ride down the line so don't want to waste money if it's shite . I know I'm not I'm not a noob but I just don't want to make any wrong decisions this time. I haven't even ridden it yet! :)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Tav- I upgraded my rear shock for the Progressive- that drops it by an inch anyway. It's awesome, handles great- no noticeable change other than being lower with a better feeling rear shock.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kris, I thought of getting a Progressive shock but I might do air ride in the future. I thought a set of bones might be a good thing to do in the meantime. I probably should ride it first to see!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi.
I had 1,5" bones on my Hammer 8 ball. 8 Ball model is 1" lower than S model from factory. Im also have 300 rear tyre.
No problem at all.

regards Håkan
So if the 8 Ball is 1" lower than the S, does that mean 1,5" bones only lowers a factory 8 ball ,5" more?

Or does that mean the 8 ball will be 2,5" lower than a factory S height?

·
Registered
194 Posts
So if the 8 Ball is 1" lower than the S, does that mean 1,5" bones only lowers a factory 8 ball ,5" more?

Or does that mean the 8 ball will be 2,5" lower than a factory S height?
The 8 Ball have 1" shorter shock. So it will be 2,5" lower than a factory S.

Regards Håkan

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi Travis, I haven't even started it yet! Lol!

It arrived on Monday in my lunch break so I just wheeled it in the garage and went back to work. I've only sat on it so far! I'm home late most nights so too late to start it up.

Also winter here so there's ice and salt in the road too. Probably be March before I ride it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I put the lowering links on my 07 hammer s and hated it. With the amount of preload I had to add to get it not to bottom out the ride was horrible. If I only rode single and not 2 up it might have been better. I often ride till I need to fill up with gas and my back was so sore after 45 min I said I am taking them out. Then when I took them out I noticed that with the preload out the bikes sage dropped to almost the same as the lowering links.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts