Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, fellas. VisionJohnny twisted my arm into buying a set of Vic swepts (it didn't take much). Anyway, I've been doing a lot of Internetting to figure this out and would love some solid confirmation.
the pipes are the old swepts, not the x bow, so if I'm reading correctly they were actually designed for the 100 ci bikes. What I've seen is they will mount up to my 2014 highball but they do not have the bungs to hold the o2 sensors. Where I'm having trouble is, some people say the sensors do not need to go in, some say they do.
The pipes are coming with a k and n filter.
I know I will need to go to the dealer to have it remapped. But do I need to have bungs welded in? I plan on shortening them just a bit and repainting them anyway, So I could have them welded at the same time if need be.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
No need for bungs unless your planning on using PCV with Autotune or AFR+. If you use PCV with Dynotuning no need for bungs. I think the VFCIII doesn't require O2's either.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Don't waste your time with the remap or the K&N... Get a Lloydz or S&S intake and a fuel controller.
Great advice! ...intake, PCV and a tune.
Just screw some bungs into the O2 threads and you're away!
Might as well slip an ATS in there töo before your tune.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
He doesn't have a spot for bungs MBX.
Ok, yeah on second reading I understand:D
All good, no need for 02's or the bungs then.
Pipes, decent intake,ATS,PCV,and a run on the dyno rollers and you're away and grinning:)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Geesh I hope you didn't pay much for them. They sound good but don't make any power and may actually lose a couple hp. Skip the k&n and get a better filter and a fuel controller.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lol this crowd is full of mod junkies, my highball with stage 1 pipes and map blows the doors off everyone I ride with, easily keeps up with my buddy's BMW R9T sport bike ( thinks that's what it's called haha) i don't see any need for a new air box or tuner.

Iceball, cruising the Alaskan Frontier mile by mile.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lol this crowd is full of mod junkies, my highball with stage 1 pipes and map blows the doors off everyone I ride with, easily keeps up with my buddy's BMW R9T sport bike ( thinks that's what it's called haha) i don't see any need for a new air box or tuner.

runs like a raped ape, for sure, but probably sounds like a fucking sewing machine...play on playa. cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2013 xc with tri ovals and kn fitter no other mods can I unplug the o2s and run it liked that, Wil the engine throw a code and void warranty

·
Registered
110 Posts
runs like a raped ape, for sure, but probably sounds like a fucking sewing machine...play on playa. cheers

lol below the belt, I just happen too have a post in another thread asking if anyone had pulled the baffles in my pipes haha. I actually get a lot of compliments from people on how quiet my bike is......I find myself constantly raceing everywhere because it only sounds good too me under throttle haha.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm good with them not being loud, I don't hear really well anyway so I don't need to cause anymore damage to my ears.

This is what I thought would happen, some guys say leave out the sensors and some say put em in. Mostly trying to decide if I need to have any welding done on them. If so, I'll have them shortened a little at the same time and repaint them. If not, I'll probably just leave them as they are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts