Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A photo from this last weekend when I hit the 100K mark. The first 23K weren't mine...but it's cool to see a motor make it this long and still run better than new. That's Noe from NoeMtz in the background there. I do most of the routine maintenance on this bike...but he's the reason this bike runs better now than it did when it came off the factory floor...he has actually wrenched on this bike since it was new.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Congratulations and thank you for posting.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That's Badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on the milestone, and the great part is that you still enjoy the bike!

I had a Goldwing and an Ultra that had 100k on them, but I was not responsible for getting them there. Both bikes were in pretty poor shape and not a lot of fun to ride.

My Vision is the best riding big bike I have every had, and I hope to eventually get it to 100k.

·
13,177 Posts
There is a guy on FB who rode his 2010 CC down to the Spirit Lake factory to hit the 100 thousand mile marker. The only thing he said he has done replace belt at 78K not that he had to but wanted to be safe. He had cams put in when new by the vic shop and they did a tune up at 98K.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This bike is on the original belt.

I know the original owner had to replace a faulty regulator just before I bought it.

Noe helped me changed out the fuel filter once. Noe and I just did the wheel bearings on the last tire change. It's got cams and all that. I've been running it double-darkside for about 50k.

Other than that, it has been as simple as changing the plugs occasionally, cleaning the filter, changing the oil and rockin' on. Which, btw, has been Rotella since the first oil change after I bought it....so about 80k on Rotella.

It's a great bike.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
This bike is on the original belt.

I know the original owner had to replace a faulty regulator just before I bought it.

Noe helped me changed out the fuel filter once. Noe and I just did the wheel bearings on the last tire change. It's got cams and all that. I've been running it double-darkside for about 50k.

Other than that, it has been as simple as changing the plugs occasionally, cleaning the filter, changing the oil and rockin' on. Which, btw, has been Rotella since the first oil change after I bought it....so about 80k on Rotella.

It's a great bike.
Great bike indeed. Looking forward to the 200K mile pic.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Hearty congratulations from Downunder,
GoodOnYa Mate! As we say here....
I still got 40K miles to catch up, bike off road for 8 months hasn't helped my numbers.
Keep on jamming them miles in true Victory style.
VICTORY! - - WE RIDE!!!

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
That is awesome! Keep on riding bro!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I'll have to dig up the picture of the older gents CC, he had 249,xxx when he stopped in here last year to get a tire and oil change, he lived outside of Vegas, retired and just runs around the country visiting his kids, his bike is a 2012.

Seen a couple Goldwings with over 500,000, a CBR600F4I with 300,000, a Kaw Nomad with 310,000, Yam Venture with 220,000.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just surviving this kind of mileage in todays society with no one paying attention to where the **** they are going .... Is more impressive then the bikes mechanical ability to do the same ....:not worthy:

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Just surviving this kind of mileage in todays society with no one paying attention to where the **** they are going .... Is more impressive then the bikes mechanical ability to do the same ....:not worthy:
That's kinda why after my last bike I didn't get back on the street with only two wheels. In our area...its scary, not just people not paying attention but the attitudes of some of the riders.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's kinda why after my last bike I didn't get back on the street with only two wheels. In our area...its scary, not just people not paying attention but the attitudes of some of the riders.
Now a days , anyone on the road riding a bike has balls of steel . That's why I wave to everyone , out of respect , no matter what they are on .

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I'm at 145,000, still on the same belt however I will change the belt out at 155,000 regardless of how it may look. Holidays are coming and they pay me toooooo well to take a chance of missing a day due to Murphy saying now is the time.

Bike uses 2+ quarts of oil in 5,000 miles so I can honestly say for the most part as predicted the belt out lasted the engine.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I'll have to dig up the picture of the older gents CC, he had 249,xxx when he stopped in here last year to get a tire and oil change, he lived outside of Vegas, retired and just runs around the country visiting his kids, his bike is a 2012.

Mine will never make 249,000 with out a second engine. Not a chance. I've seen many wings with over 400,000 miles both in the 1500 and 1800. But then that's a water cooled engine, a completely diff animal.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts