Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am going to replace the clutch plates in my 2013 vegas 8 Ball. I can only find one video on the tube, and it starts with the primary cover already off. I know I need plates obviously, I know about the spring compression tool and the primary gasket, and snap ring pliers. What else do I need in order to get it taken apart and put back together correctly? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I think if I ever remove that cover it will get swapped to a black one. :)
Hope to not need clutch work for long time though.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Count how many bolts hold the primary cover in-place. Buy that many 2 1/2" -3" bolts (think they're 6mm but take one out and measure it a hardware store). Then cut the tops of the replacement bolts.

When reassemblin' the cover to the engine, screw these long headless bolts into the engine casing then, put the gasket on the engine (using the bolts as a guide). Ease the primary cover back on the engine. Then, substitute the original bolts one at a time for the "guide" bolts. Remember to install and torque the bolts cross-ways.

This process, although sounds tedious, will help with keeping the gasket square and from bunchin' up (or slippin'). Also, it makes puttin' the primary cover back on a lot easier.

There are more suggestions but they're mostly in the videos.
G'Luck!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
If your any thing like me then it will be a pain in the *ss and you will screw something up and/or get it back together and see an important part still laying on your garage floor! After it is over though you will have knowledge and a new skill that you didn't have before and your next clutch job will be much easier!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts