Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closing in on 10K on my 2011 Jackpot. Should I bring it in for the 10K service or do what I can myself? I do need another set of tires for which I'll need ot bring it in anyway.
:cool:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Just passed 10K. Will be interesting to see replies!

·
13,262 Posts
you have your owners manual then you have a list of what is done at 10k.
Go down the list and see what you think about doing it. Most every thing is inspect as I recall. So go over the list and check each item its a good way to learn more about your bike.
Look around here and you can find a shop manual so if you have a question read up on what you don't understand.
Doing this you can save a couple hundred dollars and if your not sure you can ride over to dealer and ask him.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked it over as you suggested. Everything seems pretty straight forward although I wonder if the following are really necessary:
1) Compression check: The bike is running strong and uses no oil. I pulled the plugs at 5K and they're clean.
2) Replace air cleaner: I did that at 5K with a K&N that I can recharge
3) Lubing the clutch and throttle cables seems pretty straight forward and I have Tri-flow lube which has been excellent on the cables of the other bikes I've owned. It also says to lube the throttle system...is that all the moving parts under the tank?
4) Inspect crankcase ventilation system. This one I'll need some guidance on since I have no idea what's needed or what to look for.
5) Drive belt: I'm near 10K and will need new tires soon, dealer tech will check belt tension & rear wheel alignment.
6) I'll change the oil/filter again like I did at the 5K and at 7,500. I like that Victory oil change kit with the 6 qts, filter and washers.
7) Inspect CA evaporative control...hmmm, is that just the carbob canister?
8) Inspect the fuel system. Don't smell fuel and see no leaks. Does that do it?
9) I lube the gear shift, brake lever ad kickstand regularly.
10) I also check all lights before each ride as well as tire pressure and I hoist it up on the lift and check for nails, etc in the tires everytime I wipe it down (after a few hundred miles).
11) Inspect the rear swingarm...Hmmm, I do look it over when on the lift and like the head bearing while on the bike I push down on the forks with the front brake on looking for play or clicking.
12) I 'eye ball' the brake pads and they look like they have plenty of pad left.

Hmmm, maybe I should have them do the 10K when I bring it in for tires. By the way, I'm thinking of having them use this instead of wheel weights as the service mgr used it on his bike and finds it to work well for balancing: http://www.ride-on.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts