Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the tank off my 2011 XR and I'm looking around in here for the first time. It seems the tops of the throttle bodies are molded into the frame, wow. Anyway, as it is, there isn't a good way to see how goopy the blow back from the crankcase breather is making them. I'd really like to find a filter that I can mount to the hose to let the crankcase vent to the atmosphere, but after shopping at several auto parts suppliers I found nothing.

Has anyone here found such a filter for the X bikes? If so, can you provide me a retailer?

TIA

·
13,236 Posts
Doesn't the blow by go into the frame and out that way?

You want a blow by filter go to JP Cycle and look up for Harley's they used them back in the shovel head era.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't the blow by go into the frame and out that way?
It goes into the frame where it's sucked into the throttle bodies from the intake vacuum.

You want a blow by filter go to JP Cycle and look up for Harley's they used them back in the shovel head era.
That's not a bad idea, but I'd kinda like to know for sure it's going to fi properly. I tried to think up a million combinations of gizmos I could try to rig up at the auto stores, but I eventually found a problem with all of them.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
filter

Saddlebag I put one on my Triumph and have been thinking of doing it to my XRs to avoid gunking up the intake throttle bodies. I actually got a breather filter at Autozone in their custome aftermarket section. Then I put it on the tube from the crankcase that use to go to the factory air filter. Sometimes you can adapt the filter to fit the tube with a different piece of fuel hose black rubber or clear hose slipped over the factory hose if the filter is to large for it. It may also need a hose clamp. Then do NOT forget to plug or cap the tube going into the intake so it does not suck in dirt and it will run correctly, it will be toooo lean if you do not do this.thumb up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts