Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer said the previous owner added an intake and something else I can't remember but the bike has a little over 9,000 miles on it with the short pipes in chrome and a matching chrome headlight. I'm looking at potentially buying tomorrow and would appreciate the advice of experienced owners. I've had good luck with Chargerforums and hope for the same here. Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
243 Posts
is that before taxes , lic reg or after ? ,..... personally i paid 13,675 + tax & lic for a new 09 vegas incl. 5 yr. warr. and $1000.00 in accessories last Oct.

steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid $9600 for my 07 8ball that had 2k miles on it. It came with ness mirrors, kingpin style black headlight, kuryakyn grips, black drag bars, and a rear seat (and foot pegs).

Your price seems high to me.

Also, be careful that the short pipes are Vic pipes. A lot of shirt pipes blow exhaust onto the belt which can cause wear. Make sure the belt cover protects it!

Good luck!

·
Registered
243 Posts
as the previous post stated, $ 11,500.00 does seem high add on sales tax, excise tax, license, the $ $ will definite go up and no warranty ? no 6 speed trans.

nada is north american dealer association value , like the kelley blue book, shop around, go on the internet , i suspect you can find a much better deal.

steve

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thats a very high price for a USED two year old bike. You can find a brand new one for close to that.

Never ever let the accessories factor into the price of the bike. Most dealers will throw in accessories for free.

I got the Billet Monaco wheels and Drag pipes when I bought my Jackpot and that was after he came WAY down in price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would also agree that the price is high. I bought the same bike in dec for 9800. the bike has 3100 miles and did not come with any accessories.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made an executive decision and bought the '08 Vegas 8-ball for $11,000. It has chrome swept Victory pipes and airbox upgrade, chrome front end, double seat and new headlight. This exact setup is my favorite and I feel like in the end...I would have ended up shelling out at least what I paid to get it how I want. Thoughts?

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey bro, its now a mute point, its your money, ride the hell out of it and try to keep from grinning too big as the bugs are attracted to white teeth.

steve cheers

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Since you are asking. My thoughts are why would you spend that much on a USED 8ball (which people buy for the blacked out look) with chrome stuff when you could have spent less on a Vegas with chrome and a 6 speed to boot.

You could have gone cheaper buying a Vegas with chrome.

Also the Vic swept parts are probably the most power robbing pipes out there for our bikes.

Sorry to slam your decision but YOU ASKED.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You could have gone cheaper buying a Vegas with chrome.

Also the Vic swept parts are probably the most power robbing pipes out there for our bikes.
Just Picked up an 08 Vegas Low for 12,250 has swept pipes, saddle bags, windshield, heated grips, luggage rack, foot peg extenders, and a few other goodies on it (value of accessories at list prices 3,000) and it had 2,800 miles on it.

CURIOUS why you say the swepts rob power ???

Mike Congrats on the new to you ride. If you found what you like and are happy with the price then it was a good deal for you.

Brad

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Brad. Anyway, I've blown a lot of money on dumber things so its all good...its only money anyway. Appreciate the input though

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Sorry if I seemed to be busting your balls. Like BradT said. If you are happy then it was a good deal. Now its time to start putting some real money into that puppy with accessories!! :Dcheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Diamond, no worries man I appreciate input good, bad or indifferent. Also, I looked over every post in the vegas and tech forums and couldn't find a wiring diagram for show lighting like you have. Did you just run power off the battery with an in-line fuse setup? I want to add a) some show lighting and b) supplemental turn and brake LEDs in the rear and would appreciate some guidance. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
i agree

Why did you spend so much on a used 8 ball with that many miles just doesnt add up since new 8 balls are around 12,000 and 0 miles but just a question hope you have fun with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
now u just have to worry about accessories there not cheap either. i paid $6500 for my 06 8ball in july it had 4100 on it with bars

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.