Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a 2011 8 ball for about 5 months now. Purchased with 2k miles and am now at 6.5k. Its all stock performance wise and am running the black turn down exhaust. Twice now will on the freeway at WOT I have felt the engine cut out. It does this very quick but enough to notice something happened. Could this be a back fire or fuel issue? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No both time was in 6th gear maybe 3k rpm give or take. It happens as quick as a backfire "Pop its done" but no noise that I can tell "Im on the freeway so prob cant hear it anyway."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the first time it happened I thought the back tire broke loose for a quick sec like I hit oil or something. But this last time I knew for sure it was the motor that cut out. I aslo have only ever run 91 oct if that matters. Maybe I just need a tune

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do this first: replace the 40 amp breaker that's under the cover that covers the starter motor....you can get 40 amp breakers at pretty much any auto parts store for less than $5.00.
It's a known problem and sounds like your problem to me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The black plastic cover on the left front side of the motor, right by your shifter. The breaker connects to the battery wire(red wire +).
If you can't find it you may want to get someone else to change it out for you.

·
13,027 Posts
your not blipping the throttle are you? its a no no with our motors

·
Registered
73 Posts
Johnny, where do you get this story about blipping the throttle?
I've been around Victory motorcycles since 2000 and most of the people I ride with ride Victory's and everybody blips their throttles from time to time, me also and we've never had an issue as long as there's nothing wrong with the tune on the bike....just asking not trying to start anything so please don't take it that way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe not intentionally but when thinking about when these two occurrences happened it was during an acceleration that may have started with a quick shift. I may have unintentionally not release acceleration during the shift. But how would this cause the issue?

Also thank you regarding the amp location. I will take a look tonight but I should be able to find it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why would blipping the throttle be an issue??? If it is I am selling my Vic... I have been riding motorcycles for 30 years and have blipped every throttle I ever owned.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have been riding for 20+ years now and blipped the throttle on every bike.

The ONLY time I have ever noticed it on my Victory is if its cold and at very low revs. Like if I only bring the revs up a few hundred and then close the throttle.

Dont sell your bike. Blip it all you want. It wont hurt anything. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts