Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.....again. Tried to post on the crossroads/crosscountry forum, but apparently, I haven't posted enough times in this section. Found a "note" (after considerable search) from the administrator indicating more than one post in this section will allow me to post actually where I want. So, I'm hoping others read this and help me to answer this question. I'm getting the 2013 cross country with the "Clockwerks" windshield. It's 11 inches high. With those that have that particular item, how is it with wind in face, chest, buffeting etc. I know I can test ride to find out, but it's 12 degrees here right now. Also looking at some bakcerbuilt winddeflectors for the lowers. Attaching to the roll bar type of system. I see the new roll bars are square, and they have a separate set up to accomocate the deflectors. Any ideas on either, would be very helpful.

Respectfully,

Greg
Air Force 1968-1972
Vietnam Veteran
Security Police

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the klockwerks and I love it. Complete night and day difference from the short stock one. Im 5'10 with 30 inseam and works good for me. Have you checked out madstad.com? Nit real sure about your lowers though as i have the "square" ...forged crash bars and using the jtd lowers. Actaully i think you can get their hard lowers for the round bars also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 cc

I Just purchased the 2013 CC and had the Klockwerks added after one ride with the factory's standard one. I'm 6.0' w/ 32" inseam and it still had some bad air hitting me right about forehead height at 70 mph. I like the flip design; I'd just go 2.0" higher with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks EVERYBODY! I'm about 6' 1" with a 32 inch inseam. Sounds like the wind might hit me in the noggin'. Will check out the JTD lowers. (what does that stand for by the way?) Will also check the madstad site. My crash bars are the round and not the fancy square ones (which I REALLY like, but can't afford). I have a honda vtx1800 and are currently using the bakerbuilt air wings. Works great and I can probably transfer them to the XC, considering the round bars. They have them for the new square ones, but again, a little expensive for me right now. Just tryin' to figure out wind/buffeting and how many accessories I can get and not go into default.

Thanks again,

greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts