Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse, but I picked up my new (to me) XC 2 days ago and I've found myself in need of the paint code(s)

I ordered some handlebars from KST Kustoms. I really wanted the polished (chrome) finish, but all they had in stock were the high gloss black powder coated. Then I see pics of some custom vics w/ paint matched bars and I got the bright idea to do it to mine... On top of that, I ordered the primered single din kit from Rusty Jones. My idea got brighter and I decided since my inner fairing would be off anyway and the paint shop manager where I work owes.me a handful of favors, I could have all of the parts painted. I even gave him a small bottle.of touch-up paint that the prwvious owner gave me, figuring he'd be able to match it. Simple, right? Apparently, not so much. Lol. Does anyone have or know where I can get the "recipe" for the pearl white on the '11 XC's? Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks in advance!

Shade

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Touch up direct, Amazon or Victory. Paid 400 for mine in quarts. It's also available in rattle cans.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I bought my touch up direct paint through Amazon same price. I just wanted the power of Amazon behind me if anything went wrong. Mine came leaking into the bag it was shipped in. They sent me more when I let them know. I have no idea how working with TUD would have been so I can't say anything about them. But I was more than happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually looking for the mixture. We have access to about every color of paint possible in order to mix up the actual color (s) I'm trying to save time and money, as I have a few more things I'd like to get done to the bike before the weather breaks

·
12,983 Posts
why not take a side cover to where you buy your paint and have them analyze it. They could give you the breakdown of the colors I would think

·
Registered
889 Posts
From what I've read the pearl paints are almost impossible to match without using original codes from the original paint supplier. Many who tried ended up repainting an entire piece rather than spend an inordinate amount of time and $$$ trying to match, only to be disappointing with the results.

Touch-ups would be really noticeable without the original but sometimes the colors were close enough that a fender or side panel could be done because there was no overlap.

Best solution I found from those with personal experience was to get someone to re-do the pearl on the entire bike. Hold onto the leftovers for future touch-ups. Keep in mind though that after a couple of years that paint in the can may no longer perfectly match the paint on a bike that's been exposed to the air and sunlight.

For just the handlebars you may have to settle for as best as they can do.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My pearl white is factory painted and they are not a perfect match. Find the brightest white you can and you can get the rattle can of pearl from the dealer. It will be a really close match

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have repainted just about my entire bike. Saddlebags, fenders, inner & outer fairing, windshield, etc. Side covers are still stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. I think we may try doing Cadillac diamond white on the bars and inner fairing. If that's too far off, thwy will be gloss black until I can get the entire bike painted. Thanks again for the input!

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is some info that I found on the Polaris site, not sure if it will help or not. I'm not sure what the TC CC bd means, there are about 17 different Pearl White base codes with different 1st overlays.

Paint Number p1185 Base Pearl White P-352 1st Overlay vogue silver P-354 TC

Paint number p1187 Base Pearl White P-352 1st Overlay vogue silver P-354 CC

Paint number p1193 Base Pearl White P-352 1st Overlay vogue silver P-354 bd

Paint number P1233 Base Pearl White P-352 1st Overlay super graphite P-509

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a body shop touch up my pearl white 2012 CCT's tourpack. It was a perfect match. I think the guy said that the paint was a match for a 2010 maza.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts