Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm new here, new to Vics and new to touring bikes. I'm picking up a '11 XC tomorrow and have already been looking at stuff to make it mine. I know the 1st things I want to do are upgrade the radio and windshield.

I'm looking at a Kenwood BT/Marine head unit and would really like all of the hand controls to work. Is this possible? How big of a project is the install going to be? Any pointers?

I'm 6'6" and would like to keep the bike as streamlined as possible, so I'm thinking a "flip" style windshield like a klockwerks would be my best bet. Any recommendations on size for someone my height?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait to make this bike mine and start riding it!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a 2011 CC and the Klockwerks windshield and find it to be a bit low for me at 5' 11 so not sure if you are going to be happy with it. The wind hits the top of my helmet.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not sure of the windshield height but I believe they only make one for the Victory CC and CCt.

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
I have the 11" WindVest.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
You want my advice stay the heck away from Kenwood. Now that we have that out of the way, you do not have to replace your inner fairing. Go check out Rusty Jones Customs. He makes and sells an upper fairing piece that lets you install a dingle din radio. 275 I think. He also sells a handlebar control to operate the radio from your bars. one for Sony and one for Universal fit. 149 for that piece. I think you can buy a blank off cover for where your old radio read out was. Pretty sure its a Victory/Polaris item. Check with Paulie at Honda East.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Congrats on your excellent chioce of a touring bike. I can't help you in the windshield department, but at the other end, if you install my laydown license bracket, your bike will not only look better, but it improves the aerodynamics which results in better fuel mileage. Would I lie? Did I say it turns your bike into a chick magnet too? All this for only $35 including shipping. Such a deal! Click the first link below and open a new world. Shameless, aren't I?

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you are 6'6", the klockwerks won't do **** for you. I'm 5'10" and I didn't like it. Madstad will be your best bet, the WindVest shield maybe second. The single Din units are butt ass ugly on the XC. IMO, If you insist on installing one, +1 on RJC post above.

Why do you think you need a head unit like that? Are you still playing CD's? Do you use your phone for music? You can buy a cheap iPod and have all the controls work. If you aren't into Apple crap, I could maybe understand.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bike already has a laydown livense plate, I know because I was gonna order one. Lol. As far as why I want a head unit, I'm not an apple fan and primarily use my (Samsung) phone for my music.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Look at Gustafsson....
Google bikescreen.com...I believe

They have flips called Euro
Different heights.....guessing you need a 13" or so (6' here and I use an 11" flip)
Different colors or smoke darkness

My choice but to each there own ya know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts