Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode about 50 miles and the bike runs like a top. I'm doing 250+ tomorrow and it's supposed to be the same 116 so hell yea bring it on MoFo!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOTHING is stopping me from riding damn it!!! I'm heading North so it will only be blast furnace for 100 miles or so then the gentle breeze of 98-100 for the rest.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I'll. be there in a couple days. Sadly my bike will be 2-3 weeks behind me.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Be careful. I broke down out in that desert when I lived there on a hot summer day. It was almost my last hot summer day.

But do have fun. :laugh

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It sure is a dry heat. And truthfully it really isn't bad to me till it gets over about 105. At 115, it's like a convection oven. And rush hour traffic when it's that hot is even hotter. I use a coolvest and it helps a lot. A lot of people just park their bikes in the summer here and ride in the winter. I like to ride year round. Although having rotator cuff surgery a couple months ago due to an accident has kept me in the cage for most of this summer. Im going to try a short ride this morning to see how I feel.
I feel for you guys with 100 degree heat and high humidity, that would be miserable to me.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
116...thought youd gone big bore till I read the thread:laugh

·
Registered
4,077 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's dry heat. It isn't so bad
Really you've ridden in 115+? Go in and get a hair dyrer and set it on high and pointit in your face for three hours. Kidding really hot is hot and 115+ is f'ing hot.

Be careful. I broke down out in that desert when I lived there on a hot summer day. It was almost my last hot summer day.

But do have fun. :laugh
The Vic runs good in the heat oil temp doesn't even get much past 230-240.

116...thought youd gone big bore till I read the thread:laugh
Man I wish!!

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It sure is a dry heat. And truthfully it really isn't bad to me till it gets over about 105. At 115, it's like a convection oven. And rush hour traffic when it's that hot is even hotter. I use a coolvest and it helps a lot. A lot of people just park their bikes in the summer here and ride in the winter. I like to ride year round. Although having rotator cuff surgery a couple months ago due to an accident has kept me in the cage for most of this summer. Im going to try a short ride this morning to see how I feel.
I feel for you guys with 100 degree heat and high humidity, that would be miserable to me.
Man brother the pain of not riding has to be worse than the pain of the shoulder emotionally anyway. Hope to see you soon on a ride maybe we'll plan a Tarzan ride just because ride.

·
13,048 Posts
I started carrying a bottle of water in the bag when I leave the house.
It does come in handy. Only 93 today with 73% humidity.
Sheep skin takes away the monkey butt

·
Registered
894 Posts
Vin, I really don't know how some of you can ride in temperatures that high. I typically find it too hot to ride at anything over 90 and prefer it in the 50 - 80 range. On one long wander I hit the mid 90's and never again voluntarily. Just not used to it.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
You can keep all that out there.....its 82 here today but with like 90% humidity....and I need to chop and cut wood when I get home.....fun...fun...fun...

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Man brother the pain of not riding has to be worse than the pain of the shoulder emotionally anyway. Hope to see you soon on a ride maybe we'll plan a Tarzan ride just because ride.
That would be great. I did ride to Breakfast down at the 5th ave grill on Thomas today. I'm a little sore now. Gonna have to ease back in for sure. And you are right, I can't stand not riding. It was worth the pain.

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rode nearly 300 miles today and either I'm to thick in the head or I've lived here 20 years and heat doesn't bother me anymore. We took many hydration breaks and I was amazed how well the new Cross Country ran in that kind of heat. There were points where the dash read 122 and I believe in that spot at that time it was with the blacktop and cars around.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Ping in 6th with 117F out.

Noticed coming home to Tempe yesterday from Buckeye that if I gave it a bit of throttle a little to quick it would knock on me in 6th gear, that is my XRs. Now I do have the timing wheel on it set at 4-degrees and I am running premium gas. Figured yes it is freakin 117F out so have to pay attention to it on these beautiful freakin hot days.:eek...On a side note I seen a guy riding a Honda Rebel in his shorts, T-shirt, and tennis shoes on the way home yesterday on the I-10 ,
he had to be cooking.:devil

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Really you've ridden in 115+? Go in and get a hair dyrer and set it on high and pointit in your face for three hours. Kidding really hot is hot and 115+ is f'ing hot.
No, that's hot. But I have ridden when its close to a 100° out with high humidity which is just as bad

·
Super Moderator
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, that's hot. But I have ridden when its close to a 100° out with high humidity which is just as bad
I'll take 110+ without humidity any day yes it's bad for sure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts