Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know that I under took a 117 big bore kit build over the winter. Some of you also know that due to my lack of experience or carelessness I encountered a bit of a hick-up....well, upon replacing some broken parts that resulted from intake valves vs. piston episode I still experienced issues. I reached out to Ryan Randall @ 801motoworkx which identified an extremely lean front cylinder....long story shorter, upon re-assembly after the valve collision, I reassembled the cam carrier with the rockers reversed which led to the exhaust valves not closing and thus causing a extremely lean condition....corrected said issue and completed 2 heat cycles and one logging ride for Ryan who is working on the fuel mapping for another logging session tomorrow!!

Maiden voyage took about 10 minutes and I was very easy on her. But I can tell ya that with the minimal tune loaded, the MPH dial climbs effortlessly! Should have a break in tune completed tomorrow so I can get some miles logged and get the final tuning sessions underway.....oh the web we weave!!!

God bless everyone with a safe riding season!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's certainly exciting. I wish you many good miles with it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats on taking on the challenge without any experience. Glad to hear the beast is breathing!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Very glad that you got this sorted out and are rolling again.... Looking forward to how the build turns out. thumb up

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two more heat cycles in tonight! But have another bug to work out, fuel light on with a full tank, no turn, hazards, or horn...#stilltinkeringonthebugs

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a metal strand from drilling the bars in the switch pod...removed and changed the fuse, everything functional once again!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Really nice to read your progress ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Found a metal strand from drilling the bars in the switch pod...removed and changed the fuse, everything functional once again!!
Great job and thank you for posting about what you're doing with your Victory!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts