Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Picking up a 13 Vegas 8ball with 2500 miles looks clean taking a test ride and picking it up tomorrow... maybe. I know there are better deals out there but its have to find them on Guam due to the lack of a dealer here and they would be about 3k over MSRP, considering they wanted 17 for a R1. I guess my question is would you buy a bike you don't want for cheaper and wait 4 years to get the bike you want or just go for it?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hi All,
would you buy a bike you don't want for cheaper and wait 4 years to get the bike you want or just go for it?
Would you please clarify exactly what it is you're asking?

I would not buy a bike I don't want, well, because I don't want it.

Would I spend more $$$ to have a bike now as opposed to waiting 4 years to get one? Yes (even though Guam is, what 12 miles wide by 30 miles long).

Even if by not waiting I would be spending more $$$ to purchase said motorcycle? Yes, as I'd be getting a daily dose of riding therapy those 4 years.

Take the Vegas for a test ride and after your smile dissipates a bit, ask yourself if the smiles are worth the asking price. Good luck.cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John this is how it looks now. The bike came from the states and I think it was only here a year and kept in side the house at that. Corrosion can be bad here due to constant salt spray. After driving it away I am happy with my purchase. That is the Craigslist ad, 2340 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
John this is how it looks now. The bike came from the states and I think it was only here a year and kept in side the house at that. Corrosion can be bad here due to constant salt spray. After driving it away I am happy with my purchase. That is the Craigslist ad, 2340 miles.
Congratulations on your new bike. cheers

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Nice bike, ride safe...

·
12,970 Posts
when its in the garage keep it covered even if you only use a sheet it will help with that bad salt air

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Comparing a Vegas to a Sporty is like comparing a Corvette to a VW Bug. Glad to see you figured that one out. Continue to take care of that bike (oil changes) and she will be return the favor with miles of asphalt. cheers

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Great decision you made there!

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Very nice congrats!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Now get some ACF-50 and you are good to go!

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I got my 2012 8-ball I got it for $8499 it had 4,000 miles on it. But I also traded in my Harley sportster as well. But for yours being a year newer and half the miles I had I'd say $10,000 would be the most I'd go on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good looking bike. Don't second guess your decision, just get out and ride. I was stationed in Hawaii for three years and enjoyed riding every day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts