Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm glad i am the first to reply to this thread!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

cheers :cool: cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I completely agree. It's also nice to have a digital copy should one or more of the pages get damaged beyond legibility. This way I can distribute it and if someone wants it next to their bike, they can print it out.

Bbob: There are 19 chapters in fact. Seeing as how it took me about 2 months to get the first three done, this should be complete by about 2016 :D.
Not really. Now that I have a system down, it should go quicker.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully this isn't too little too late, but member Shutupandride schooled me a bit in Reader and optimizing documents. He was able to clean it up and reduce the file size from 130megs down to 10. This makes it look better and significantly reduce download time.

So when I get home tonight I will do just that and let everyone know when that is done so you can have a cleaner, smaller doc. Thanks to SU&R for the info and making this better for everyone. I was wondering what I was going to do once the whole manual was together, we were looking at a potentially huge file.

32 downloads in less than 24 hours. More members than I thought needed this.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alrighty,,,,sorry to the 32 users that had to sit through the 20 minute download, but it now takes roughly 2 minutes depending on your ISP. Thanks to Shutupandride as I was able to get this done before tonight.

Just use the same link. If anybody runs into this member, buy him a beer for me! cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks Dave. Just glad I COULD do it. I don't believe information should be locked up or charged for. We all benefit from being more knowledgeable, motorcycle service or otherwise.

Adam: Guinness please! cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

Edit: I'm going to try to get a few more done this weekend. 40 downloads total in less than 2 days tells me this was needed more than I thought.

·
13,040 Posts
Great Job thumb up

I don't have one of them buy it was fun reading about them.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Bbob: There are 19 chapters in fact. Seeing as how it took me about 2 months to get the first three done, this should be complete by about 2016 :D.
Not really. Now that I have a system down, it should go quicker.
Cool. When it gets all done I'll add it to the others. Thanks for doing this.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts