8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
426 Posts
And they'd eaten 3 times that day.

Sydney to Broken Hill 1300kms is just over 800 miles
, a bit further than down the road to Mc Donalds

Yeah my 13 yr old daughter been driving my car off public roads since she was nine.
Yeah Australia is a large place. Texas is huge, but Australia takes the cake.

I ran around from Sydney down the coast, Nullarbor Plains, to Perth, up to Darwin. There are times you think you will never see civilization for sure. I had a white rental car, a Holden that came out entirely red.

Used to like to hang in the blue mountains on weekends. I thought everything was bigger in Texas until I saw the size of those grasshoppers down there...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Australia is a large place. Texas is huge, but Australia takes the cake.

I ran around from Sydney down the coast, Nullarbor Plains, to Perth, up to Darwin. There are times you think you will never see civilization for sure. I had a white rental car, a Holden that came out entirely red.

Used to like to hang in the blue mountains on weekends. I thought everything was bigger in Texas until I saw the size of those grasshoppers down there...
Yeah mate!.... One of them splattered on yr windscreen ya sure know about it!

Jeeze Kurbs! Ya seen more if OZ than I bloody well have!..... I'm off for a ride!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Instead of arresting that kid, they need to hire him to do some driver's training.

I was blessed with a dad who cared, and a lot of open land and dirt roads to learn to drive. Started about 8, and was driving the family to church on Sunday morning but the time I was 12.

Only problem I ever had was when the folks traded the 62 Impala for a 67 Newport. Damn, that thing was about 12 feet wider than the Chevy. The Chevy just fit into our one car garage, and yep, you guessed it. I dimpled the sides of the Chrysler trying to get it into that garage. Very unhappy father. On the plus side the dimples were symetric and matched both sides. Luckily, my dad didn't feel like killing his son and starting over again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Instead of arresting that kid, they need to hire him to do some driver's training.

I was blessed with a dad who cared, and a lot of open land and dirt roads to learn to drive. Started about 8, and was driving the family to church on Sunday morning but the time I was 12.

Only problem I ever had was when the folks traded the 62 Impala for a 67 Newport. Damn, that thing was about 12 feet wider than the Chevy. The Chevy just fit into our one car garage, and yep, you guessed it. I dimpled the sides of the Chrysler trying to get it into that garage. Very unhappy father. On the plus side the dimples were symetric and matched both sides. Luckily, my dad didn't feel like killing his son and starting over again.
lol, 67 Newport. I drove for years without a license. Got it when I was 21 after finally getting caught.I took my road test in an old 67 Chrysler 300 that had a front end longer than a whores dream. Butthole Trooper took me throgh a tiny neighborhood and when I turned left on the small street went over the line...no way to do it in that car. parallel parking sucked too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts