Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Vic XR
Adding a power port for GPS, anyone know which one of these wires in the headlight bucket are the switched + and -

test light broke

·
13,262 Posts
go buy a test light auto store have them.
Test for your self so you get the right one we might be off buy one wire

·
Registered
166 Posts
:I agree: That's what I did

Though the cheaper power port i got apparently wasn't rain resistant, as it collected water between the positive prong in middle and the grounded casing, after a heavy rain, causing a lot of corrosion.

This year I'm gonna get another, more water-tight, and with a usb charging port next to it like one of these

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/QUOTE]

The bottom 2 black connectors are single female spade
black wire ground / Purple w Black is 12v on with switch

Second from top with blue rubber seal is also on with switch
Black is ground / Yellow w Pink is positive

·
Registered
166 Posts
Black is ground / Yellow w Pink is positive[/QUOTE]

I only got 5v across the connector w/ the blue rubber seal, is it possibly for heated grips?

And the black/yellow w/pink was dead, even with the key on and the bike running. Do I possibly need to add a fuse to make the circuit live?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
tap into the 12volt line on the headklight and use a relay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Black is ground / Yellow w Pink is positive
I only got 5v across the connector w/ the blue rubber seal, is it possibly for heated grips?

And the black/yellow w/pink was dead, even with the key on and the bike running. Do I possibly need to add a fuse to make the circuit live?[/QUOTE]

Check for the fuse under the right cover.

·
13,262 Posts
you want 12v not 5. Your socket has to be grounded and like I said it needs 12 volts

·
Registered
166 Posts
you want 12v not 5. Your socket has to be grounded and like I said it needs 12 volts
OK cool. I did finally get 12v on the 3 pin(Black & Yellow w/Pink) connector with the rubber cap on it, I had to take the connector off to make a good contact with my test light because the connectors were so small. I'm going to use that output for my GPS/phone charger. The 2 pin connector is just a switched 5v. I don't know what that low-voltage output is for, but not anything I'll ever use. I have to give Vic a lot of credit for multiple switched outputs, because I have the running lights already connected, and having another accessory feed in the headlight is super convenient.

Thanks for your help folks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts