Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got her home last night, too tired to ride and no plate yet, so I just went around the block. Today got it titled, registered, and plated - a whopping $730.81 and that was just for the difference on the trade in which was pretty sweet. Anyways... Some things that stand out as significantly different (at least from my 10' XC)

1. It would seem that the chin spoiler is a tad smaller, maybe an optical illusion but looks that way to me.

2. Not sure if all the new XC's come standard with iPod cable, extension and pocket in the right side saddlebag, but mine did.

3. The bike came equipped with the Kicker upgraded speakers with a logo on the left speaker grill.

4. When holding the clutch lever in, you cannot see what gear you are in on the dash display.

5. The seat is definitely narrower than my previous one - jury's still out on whether this is a plus or minus.

6. The front end feels quite a bit lighter, or maybe more nimble is a better way to describe it, but a definite noticeable difference.

7. Fit and finish seem to be on par with past models.

Here are some pix of the bike, and as I get a little more time on it, I will do an update - of course!

more pix here:

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=12531

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What? Only $730.81? Wow! Nice. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got almost everything you need on that bike. Good luck. How tall is the short windshield?
Tiny, even shorter than the one from the 10'. Going to put on the Gustafsson +4 Euroflip smoked windshield I took off the 10'

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
cant wait to see one in person.shouldnt lose it in a parking lot
full of bikes. my dealer has nothing yet.
enjoy your new toy! its cool.--irv

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously considering trading the Hammer for one of those. On the fence as I do not do alot of touring yet

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Make a decision, buy a bike, go get it. Seems like some guys get the Victory motorcycles they want and others wait and wait and wait. Congrats. beautiful bike. Bet this weekend is going to be a blast.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously considering trading the Hammer for one of those. On the fence as I do not do alot of touring yet
Seriously?
This is a touring bike to you?
Try riding one and get back to us.
Yes, you can tour on it with the right accessories, but it is a bagger. That means you can cruise and still have someplace to put your jacket when you stop.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
On my '12 XCT, the gear indicator is like yours, i.e., does not show what gear you're in, unless you release the clutch. I have no idea whether any year or model of Vic worked differently. (On my friend's '12 BMW RT, the read-out instantly shows the gear, whether you release the clutch or not, which I find to be a better system.)

BTW, very nice bike - enjoy!

·
Registered
520 Posts
On my '12 XCT, the gear indicator is like yours, i.e., does not show what gear you're in, unless you release the clutch. I have no idea whether any year or model of Vic worked differently. (On my friend's '12 BMW RT, the read-out instantly shows the gear, whether you release the clutch or not, which I find to be a better system.)

BTW, very nice bike - enjoy!
The indicator reads out all the time on the 2010, Vic screwed it up when they "improved" the trans in 2011.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The indicator reads out all the time on the 2010, Vic screwed it up when they "improved" the trans in 2011.
Dad,

Thanks for the info. Progress, huh?

·
Registered
318 Posts
WOW,

This is definitely my new favorite bagger by far!!!

I would totally trade my 8 ball in for one of these. (If i could)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts