Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning

Is the belt tension increase or decreased or does it remain the same? I would think it would have to be decreased as it "seems" like the belt is a tad tighter.

·
12,968 Posts
You lower the bike the belt gets tighter.
You have to readjust the belt for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Mobs , The 8Ball models run their belts tighter then the other models ... You should have 6mm of deflection at the belts tightest point measured at the center between the two pulleys , with ten LBS of up and down force on the belt . You can get a good quality tension gauge for 22.00 to 29.00 or so to measure this force .thumb up

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
6mm TIGHT!

on my 13 hammer with 1/2 inch longer penske shock i set the belt about 3/8 @ 10 lb rear wheel up in the air, bike on the ground it felt VERY tight!! went to 3/4" and seems decent. my first vic so i am learning. belt was prolly 1 1/4" when i got the bike at almost a thousand miles. i am open to suggestions.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Manual states 6mm on 8Ball models and 12mm on all others .... I set mine at 6mm , with no problems . You need to remember to rotate your wheel until the belt is at its tightest point and make your adjustment from there . Or you may be running too tight for sure .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
on my 13 hammer with 1/2 inch longer penske shock i set the belt about 3/8 @ 10 lb rear wheel up in the air, bike on the ground it felt VERY tight!! went to 3/4" and seems decent. my first vic so i am learning. belt was prolly 1 1/4" when i got the bike at almost a thousand miles. i am open to suggestions.
Your shock being longer may need you to do a custom adjustment , with the geometry being different and such ... I would rather a little loose then too tight of course ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts