Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boardwalk side panels, seat, fender struts, and Vegas bars and footpegs. I hope it sells but us first year guys are going to be screwed on aftermarket seats without changing the side panels later on.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hear ya wilcon. I'm keeping my oval...if i have to re-upholster the seat after my fat ass wears it through so be it. I gotta say...of course im gonna, but i like the 13 better.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like it much better overall, especially since they moved the controls forward and the bars back. I liked the paint better on the original and preferred the "victory" across the tank rather than the badge. With the new setup I bet it's the best handling vic on the road.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I like it much better overall, especially since they moved the controls forward and the bars back. I liked the paint better on the original and preferred the "victory" across the tank rather than the badge. With the new setup I bet it's the best handling vic on the road.
It's now the same as the Boardwalk. I scraped the exhaust of a Boardwalk turning a corner at the pace of a parade of demo riders. Not in the same ballpark as a Cross bike. But to be fair, one could put a Cobra pipe on the Judge that would give it a lot better clearance. But that new Boardwalk is a looker with the X-bow pipes.

7-29-2013 9-38-37 PM.jpg

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Awesome! Funny I was never so anti Harley until owning a victory. Owning a superior bike will do that to you I suppose. Kinda like being lended a hand out of the ditch and being hosed off from being hosed by two previous bikes and the mediocrity of 50's technology made worse only by the EPA.

Annnnyway. Where's the info on the 2014's? Heard something about a new high-ball paint job.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
530 Posts
am i wrong in thinking the fenders changed a bit? Could be just the pics but the rear looks smaller to me in some...others it looks the same.

So we got;

seat
BW sidepanels
bars
fenders (?)

anything else?

How are the judge owners feeling about the changes? The only thing i think was a good call was the bars...i like my drag bars now...but at first i thought i'd hate em. Obviously I want to say i like the 13 better overall (bars will/can be swapped anyway), but i really do think the 13 is "cooler".

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
am i wrong in thinking the fenders changed a bit? Could be just the pics but the rear looks smaller to me in some...others it looks the same.
They don't look any different to me. I doubt they would spend the money to design new ones. The only reason they got rid of the number plate is people complaining about something that's a little unique. Can't have that in motorcycle land. And of course they made it just like the Boardwalk to lower their parts count.

So we got;

seat
Which appears to be a love it or lump it deal as they don't show any alternatives.

The only thing i think was a good call was the bars...i like my drag bars now...but at first i thought i'd hate em.
I think they are going to feel much better to people sitting on the bike in a showroom or doing a low speed, short demo ride. Do any high speed, shieldless jaunts and I'll bet the drag bars are more comfortable since they keep you tilted into the wind.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ya I commented on the fenders being different in gen D. The shot i had just been staring at was kind of from below...cut the angles right down. Wish they didn't have to go and switch my seat on me. Half tempted to buy a second...but i'm sure my ingenuity will pay off by the time it comes to replace it.

That's exactly it with the bars though. I rode my friends Vegas. That's why i went into the Vic dealer. Sat on the Judge, loved it...but didn't feel right in the arms. Then I rode it and that little lean is perfect for me (being that this is my first cruiser). But that initial showroom sit down didn't put me in that position quite right, Reach felt massive.

Still liking the 13 better overall. The drop of the nuclear sunset makes me wish i went with it (aside from orange and black are my colour pet peevs...wonder why?) however i think they should have added white. 2 options is just not enough.

·
Premium Member
13,190 Posts
I like the new design changes. I think it means more options for seats in the future, the option of going to pegs with heel rests or possibly even floorboards, the laid back feel will definitely appeal to more cruiser riders, and it opens it up to more customizing options.

I'd like to take one, put a rake kit, tach, mild apes, make a change to the rear fender, maybe lower it an inch or so, to make it into real open road chopper/cruiser. These days I'd want at least a Windvest or similar windshield on it so I wouldn't have to fight the wind. The same thing could be done to the Boardwalk except keep the fenders on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They should have kept the sunset red which is a amazing color especially in the sun. I like mine just how it is. Putting the rider in a cruiser position kinda takes the uniqueness out of the bike imho.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think they dropped the ball on the '14 Judge. Looks like they just threw some Vegas/spare parts on a Boardwalk.

·
Registered
530 Posts
So the consensus is (among 13 owners lol) that;

Our judge is better!

The more i think about it...the more I'm glad ours are different and i hope the Judge does well in the coming years...so in ten i can have the coolest Judge on the block!

·
Registered
55 Posts
So the consensus is (among 13 owners lol) that;

Our judge is better!

The more i think about it...the more I'm glad ours are different and i hope the Judge does well in the coming years...so in ten i can have the coolest Judge on the block!
thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts