Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchase a new 14 Vision this weekend in Nuclear Sunset. I would like to get a street trunk panel for it but there are none in that color. Witchdoctors will custom paint one but he requires the correct paint code. I have looked all over for that paint code and will even buy a service manual to get it but I can't find a 14 Vision Service manual either. I know the 2012 Ness Vision was some sort of orange but not sure that it is the same shade. Do any of you have the paint code or a place where I can buy a 2014 Vision Service manual? I've looked at BBob's site and nothing is there either.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently no one knows what the paint code is or no one cares but I was able to get an answer from Midwest Industrial Coatings. Maybe someone can use this information at some point.

Nuclear Sunset Orange P493
Clear P233

·
13,003 Posts
Between the trunk and the license plate its black I believe so would a black one work for you. You have a black dash and a black side panels and a black valence up front

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you are correct. The black panel is the way to go. I realized this after finding the orange paint code.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The P493 is the COLOR code for ordering parts, not the actual paint code.

The actual paint code isn't public knowledge. Having painted my trailer and a panel or two with Nuclear Sunset provided by Victory, I know this. It's $99 a quart and it comes with reducer and is a one shot deal. Cover in clear and your good.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
And to add to the mix (pun intended)....

I just got my wife's XCT parts painted in Victory's Nuclear Sunset Tangerine (not SUEDE). I chose to use Victory paint since it will match my bike and trailer.

Long story short, my painter is THE painter in a large Denver area body shop (and *** member). He has been able to very closely match some of Victory's solid colors (yes, he has all the electronic do-dads to help with that) BUT forget the flaked Nuclear Sunset Tangerine. He tried like hell and no go.

His exact words were, "Victory nailed this orange and I can't copy it". He can get close but not even close enough to blend into it or copy it.

FYI :)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
PFloyd, I forgot to mention....all Victory paints can be bought in:

- touch up bottles (must buy 2 - don't know why)
- aerosol sprays (no experience with these)
- quart cans (with also comes with the activator (not reducer)

I had a rear close out panel painted when I had my trailer done. It does look good painted to match but it also doesn't look bad black. I would have kept it black if it wasn't for getting other stuff painted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts