Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beaten to death. I haven’t found an answer yet. Yes I searched, but the main things I find are for XC speakers and lid speakers. I don’t want lid speakers. I’m looking at just replacing what’s in the Magnum fairing speakers. Possibly adding an amp as well. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
There are a few nice options to replace the oem 5.25" fairing speakers. Kicker being just one such option. In the end though, you'll likely need more power (an amp) to drive them with a more powerful and cleaner amp. I went with the factory Extreme Audio fairing kit and like it, a lot. Though I did choose to replace the factory 'extreme' 5.25" fairing speakers with a pair of Kickers. I also added the Extreme Saddlebag audio system and find it to be fine. I only did this because the prices were 'blowout' at the time.

There's a page on Facebook dedicated to Victory aftermarket audio options. Are there better options than what Polaris put together for the Victory line? Yes sir, you bet. Is it worth the extra money, time and expense? Not for me it wasn't. My factory system works fine up to about 80mph before it tends to get lost. That's good enough for me. Many of the Victory owners on the Facebook page seem to compete with their audio systems at various events. So the factory set up, for them, would be a waste of time, money and effort. I believe Witchdoctors also has a set up available on their website. In the end, you can spend as much or as little as you want depending upon your needs, wants and desires. I've seen entire saddlebags and trunks filled with high end audio equipment and 'speakers-a-plenty' all over the bikes. Some bikes are show ponies and some are go ponies. Very few offer both.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I’m just looking to replace the speakers, 5.25 and the little tweeters in the fairing. Would a better 5.25 replace all? I just want it a little louder as I have to ride with earplugs because of an ear problem.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Lot of people run 6.5 speakers using adapters, but I don't know if that will work on a Magnum?

Polk DB522 are pretty popular in 5.25 size. They sound fine with stock radio and you can amp them for more. Not by any means the best speaker you can buy but they sound fine to me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the Polks 522s and they sound great. They would be a lot louder with an amp and I think that is going to be a
Our radio still sucks . Check thevog.net Radio upgrade thread.

JL-Audio-Marine-Sports-Amplifier
They are compact and provide Clear Quality without some of the trouble the Rockfords have had dieing. Or so it seems. I don't have lid speakers but do have a trunk and I might just with this one in Bridged at 140 watts and watch the volume. Then add a dedicated amp for the trunk when its on. Some do this and I am still not 100 % sure what to do about the trunk speakers. I have leaned towards a quality and clear JL amp though.

As far as I know I can keep the stock tweeters with the new amp.

If you check utube this AMP Dyno Runs
The 70 watt 4 ch will make more than advertised 122 watts but I would need to buy 2 ohm speaks....Not sure what the choices are there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts