Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
EDIT:
Acc to Cobra's specs, they are 167mm wide whereas stock Dunlop is 141,5mm. It's not 20mm. It's whole 25 (and a half!). It does make a difference!
BTW, Front 130/90 Cobra is also 6 (and a half) mm wider than stock:)
I didn't check the specs for width on the Cobras for comparison to the Dunlops, but the front Cobra definitely does look chunkier and better (better rounded too) than the Dunlop. It seems the rear 140/90 Cobra is 143mm wide - 1.5mm more than Dunlop, which would suggest, if the front 130/90 Cobra is 6.5mm wider than the same size Dunlop, that Avon has gone for a wider front in proportion to the rear, for the same front-rear size combinations. Might have something with the shape of the tyre patch and how much of it is actually useful at lean.

·
Registered
90 Posts
No, but the lettering is fairly raised, so it should be easy to paint it white yourself with a white tyre marker. I bought a couple of Toyo branded white markers online, but am now hesitating about whether I like the plain black look more, so I haven't used them yet. You can also buy the Cobras in whitewall.
Yeah, the smallest things are often the hardest to decide upon... I thought I would miss the white letters, too. They give those nice old school look to Gunner. Then I blacked them out in one of my pictures and, damn, I like this as well. Looks even more badass!!

Thanks for finding perfect (IMHO) tyres for our bikes. I was digging out the most known makers and couldn't find the proper one (and the one I'd like). Besides, the chioce of of 160s for 16 inch rim is not wide for some reasons. Much easier to find nice 160 for 15" rim...
Already decided to go for Cobras when I' back:grin
Dia of rear Cobra is 11,7mm bigger than stock 140 Dun, which gives less than 6mm extra on the height (radius), I think it will not affect handling too much. Theoretically, it should even improve a little. And will give 3mm extra clearance in the middle;)

·
13,318 Posts
What about Metzler. There a good tire

·
Registered
90 Posts
What about Metzler. There a good tire
Well, I thought about Marathon Ultras, they came in correct size, but for some reasons I cannot download the specification chart. And... I like the Cobras look more.
I would like to go for Michelins Commander II, but they don't have 160 for 16 inch wheel.
Never tried Avons myself, but heard very good opinions of them. And some bad ones as well - as about everything;)... I will know only when I try, and when I do a couple of thousands on them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have 200 in the rear of my gunner, its a gnats dick away from the inside of the rear mudguard, I wouldnt want to carry a pillion

but it looks so right :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My personal favorite is Ducati scrambler. I use diablo rosso iv tyre. Amazing ride with amazing features. I'd love to wear my old grungy jeans with wearing Ducati Corse Carbon 2 helmet. I must say this ride is a beast.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts