Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been reading through page after page... I would be willing to bet my questions have been answered here somewhere, I just can't find what I'm looking for.

As titled, I have a 2017 Magnum, I'd like to do a better air filter (Lloyds) and a set of pipes (Vance Hines) but to do this and still run correctly do I need a fuel map tuner? PVC? Timing Wheel? all the other gadgets I read about...

It's not a racer, I just ride it... but would like a bit more rumble out back. Just trying to figure out how far I have to go, once I start down that path.

Thanks in advance for your insight...

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Not to be rude but I don't think you have searched very hard on here. What you are looking for is the most popular topic on here and has been covered by hundreds of threads. If you just want some rumble than forget about filters and tunes, just put louder pipes on it and go out and enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If i was new to Victory and had new to me bike that was unaltered like you, I would save money on pipes by going with Miller mufflers, get a lloydz filter and do a Maximus tune.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The bike runs fairly lean from the factory in order to satisfy EPA requirements. If you add a more free flowing air filter and pipes you will lean the bike out even more. Running too lean is hard on the engine.

If you just want to change the exhaust sound then just change the pipes. That shouldn’t have much of an effect on the air/fuel mixture, if any.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was barely above sea level with my Cross bike. I just changed pipes to Ness Big Honkers and Vicbaggers end caps and left it alone. They sounded great, but hard to find now. No issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Back in 2014 when I upgraded mine for both sound and power I was able to get what I wanted by going with a Stage 1 upgrade, a better air filter, timing wheel and then I paid for a Dyno Tune. The rubber gasket around the factory air filter was removed and the O2 sensors were unplugged. I have had 30,000 miles of trouble free riding. All my upgrades were done by Kevin Cross who listened to my needs and recommended accordingly. There are other more expensive upgrades that would further improve performance but like you I wasn't a racer and those upgrades I did fit my needs and budget. There are many very mechanically talented people on this site who could help you add the more expensive options but what you ultimately do is up to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts