Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2011 vegas 8 ball and was thinking of changing front wheel from 21 inch to 18 inch to improve handling, it has a bit of a head shake at high speed in corners. Have checked steering head bearings and are fine , still has stock dunlop elite3 tyre on front. The bearing size seems to be the same, so if I had a wheel of Hammer, should be only a matter of spacing it correctly. Of course front gaurd would have to be changed I guess as well............ any one with any thoughts on this conversion....................

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks everyone for the wheel change information, was figuring to do it to my 8-ball. The front fender from a High Ball should fit with maybe an added piece on bottom to stop rain coming up on driver.

·
Registered
755 Posts
You also might wanna check the rim and make sure it's true, front wheel bearings and the air pressure and the most importantly the wheel balance. There is no reason for your bike to have that shake. My bike is an 03 and it rides straight as an arrow.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Same issue here, had a bit of a shake when leaning in. Found the front was short about 5 psi, issue fixed.
Yep. If you are over 200lbs you have to have the front at 38 and rear 40psi. I used to have front and rear wobble because my tire pressure was 35 front and 36 rear, one day I was looking at the owners manual and it said if you are over 200 lbs set the front 38 rear 40. Once I did that bike became amazing and I haven't looked back yet. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
You ever notice the owner manual doesn't match the inside of the battery side cover, it states 200+ pounds use 40psi front and 40psi rear? The label mentions the stock E3 tires too!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
18 inch vegas wheel conversion

Thanks Guys for the swift replies, will check pressures to see if it make a differance, but will probably do the conversion when front tire is worn......... nice to know it is a pretty straight forward job...........I just like a wider front tire anyway..........

·
Premium Member
180 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you decide to do this, I have a slightly used 18" front tire that will fit the kingpin wheel (came off my kingpin at around 1500 miles). PM me if interested in buying at a discount off new.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
18 inch wheel on vegas

Ash, Im down under in Australia so sending tyre not an option, still going ahead with conversion though. Have ordered wheel parts from US.........Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
got it. good luck buddy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stingray 18inch wheel part numbers

Been ordering wheel for my vegas 8 ball conversion to 18 front wheel, little confused about correct p/n looked at kingpin 8 ball wheel p/n 1521152-266 thought that was a stingray wheel on 8 ball then seen stingray wheel in victory parts and accs catolog listed as p/n 2877015-266 stingray wheel 18 inch. Differance being about $75 in price. Is this the same wheel only listed different. Perhaps KevinX might know or anyone with knowlege in this area............Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts