1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1982 Honda CX500TC Turbo

12,712 Original Miles

Very good condition, runs great.
Has a new battery, fresh oil change with OEM Honda oil and filter, new spark plugs & brake fluid flushed.

Very rare collectible motorcycle. The first Production motorcycle with Electronic Fuel Injection and a Turbocharger.

Asking $5900 OBO

Putting this out for a tech that works here, it was his baby and took very very good care of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very nice bike. I had the chance to ride one down in Ariizona last Feb and I must say was very impressed. I have a friend who has 3 CBX bikes and this Turbo 500. I never liked the CX500 in general but the Turbo has a great look. I took one of the CBX bikes out and was not to impressed. It needed a bit if carb work and I was comparing it to my Z1900 Kawasaki's. When that turbo kicks in the bike flies. There is a little lag so its more suited for the open road rather than a lot of twisties. For you who know a little about turbos the boost is normally around 8 psi. On this Honda the boost runs up to 19psi. From what I read the crank and rods were beefed up to handle the extra boost. Honda built it to compete with a 1000cc bike and they did a good job. I will let my friend know about it. I have to many bikes now and no where to keep it.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get you in touch with the owner, as he works here in our service department. It was his baby, pretty sure it is all 100% stock and the miles are true.

It was and still is his baby, from what I remember there was only 2500 that came into the country for 1982.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If I had the extra cash on hand(and space) I would jump on it. My friend is slightly interested, however I know he does not have the space. Does he intend to list it anywhere else. I have sold one of my Z1900's on eBay.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I had the extra cash on hand(and space) I would jump on it. My friend is slightly interested, however I know he does not have the space. Does he intend to list it anywhere else. I have sold one of my Z1900's on eBay.
Its listed just about everywhere you cant think of here locally. This bike is super clean as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My friends wife thinks he should look into it, but he is hesitating. What do you think his bottom line is.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cant say it enough how clean this bike is and how original it is as well.

Lots of people have been in just to even look at it, couple offers, but all low balls and not even worth the time to respond to them.

One guy seemed like he was all over it, said it was his dream bike back in the day and of course now he is in the wind and wont respond to calls or emails.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok sounds like my friend wants to talk to him a bit more about the bike. Can you PM me with his contact info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts