Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share this cost saving information.

Aftermarket fuel pump and filter both available at autozone.

Airtex master fuel pump, e2000. $80

Duralast fuel filter, FF4507DL. $11

This will save you a bunch of time and money over a new or rebuilt pump and comes with a 1 year warranty when you buy the filter with the pump.
It also provides higher pressure and gph over stock.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks,I'll add it to my aftermarket parts list. I have a Purolator F67221 listed for an after market fuel filter & a Walbro GSS-341 fuel pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plugs: champion ra8h. Not sure about wires, still working on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 1999 V92c ser#480 sat a few months to long and the fuel pump locked up. I'm the second owner since I've had it 12 years the pump is orginial. It is a Walbro GSL414. I ordered one from Amazon and got it today $108.86 free two day shipping. Brand new and shinny. I was worried about pressure ratings etc so I elected to get an OEM pump. I did buy an after market filter since Polaris wanted over 30.00 for theirs. I replaced the tank pre-filters with new from Polaris they were about 10.00 each no biggie. I'll replace a few hoses with standard fuel hose material and I'll be good to go.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just an FYI, the Airtex pumps are notoriously bad. If you buy one, have an extra on hand because they a prone to failure. Most shops won't touch them because they eat the replacement costs 3 times over in warranty. Of course, the application I am talking about is cars but I am sure they perform the same no matter what the application. I know I wouldn't put another one on.

Walbros are great, stick with them-if budget allows.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Victory Fuel Pump.jpg

Victory Fuel Filter.jpg

Comparison Pictures of the Airtex v. Stock pump and a Purolator v. the stock fuel filter. Replaced them both on my 01 V92C and they work perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts