Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that almost everyone in the country that owns a 1999 or 2000 victory has major transmission problems. I realize that these are relatively older machines. I have searched the country looking for a solution to this problem and it seems that there isnt one except for buying a replacement transmission. Victory doesnt have replacement parts or gears for the tranny, they want you to buy a whole different transmission which alone costs 2000 dollars and thats if you have the know how to do the job yourself. Probably about 6000 if you pay to put it in. It appears that victory knows that this system is complete junk or they wouldnt have developed a new tranny to replace the old one. And i believe that the reason that there is has never been a recall on the part is for the reason that it is expensive and would cost the company alot of money in man hours to have them replaced. Ive tried to get in touch with the big wigs at polaris industries and keep running into dead ends and it seems that the only people u can call are customer service reps who have no mechanical knowledge and honestly can really do absolutely nothing. What are your thoughts on this issue, does anyone know a way to get in contact with the head honchos at victory or polaris?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
WTF is this? Victory knew about this YEARS ago and offered a fix.

You will be sent a rebate check of $884.00 for the 99s

And you will get $728.00 on the 2000s.

Bike must be under 30k miles

You will be responsible for paying for the inspection and installation of the upgrade kits.

Estimated install time is 11 hours.

This is good untill Oct, 15, 2007

Don't come on here trolling for the sake of slamming Victory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.