Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always terrified of buying anything from eBay or where ever because I never know of I ordered the right thing. But I'm looking either for a replacement shock tube or a rebuild kit. I don't know how to do a rebuild. But putting the shock in seems simple. Either way I'd like both options and if I decide to do it I'll give it a shot if not I'll have to find a local shop. I'm sure Polaris will want my first born and maybe a left testicle, so I'ma try and avoid them as much as I can.

·
Registered
195 Posts
look to witchdoctors or cheapcycleparts and use their parts manuals.
then order the seal kits. pretty cheap.
Then take off your front wheel/brake... pretty easy.
Then take off your forks.
Then take your forks to a shop.
Take your parts with you.
This saves the shop the time and expense of ordering parts and eliminates the 'we can't get those parts' response.

Also, a smaller shop might offer to 'take awhile' and then work your forks in during a lull or when doing other forks and thus lowball the price.

Anyway, to do it yourself you do need a vise to hold it while you work it, a tool bench, a place to empty the fluid, the seals might get stuck and leave you frustrated. That was my thinking. I don't, I just have a backyard! I would have preferred to have a buddy to work beside me and show me how. but, taking the fork off and carrying it to the shop is good too.... no mistakes, job done properly (probably, or at least more probably ... hahaha)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good. Thank you very much. I have everything but the seals... But not mechanical at all... Removing the shock seems easy enough though. Gives me a chance to remove the front fender and get the small dent out of it too. I didn't make the dent lol bit I wanna get it straightened out at least.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Sounds good. Thank you very much. I have everything but the seals... But not mechanical at all... Removing the shock seems easy enough though. Gives me a chance to remove the front fender and get the small dent out of it too. I didn't make the dent lol bit I wanna get it straightened out at least.
Witchdoctors probably has a video on line to replace the seals. That's more than likely all that needs to be done. He can help you with the parts you need. Do both sides.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts