Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's quick question,

I have 15000 trouble free miles on my 2011 XC and have noticed that sometime the bike goes into 1rst smoothly and quietly and others a very harsh bang which seems loader that normal.

I just replaced the shifter bushing as it was raining today and everything is free of binding and clutch adjustment looks fine. has been this way for a while and don't really remember if it was like that when new.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
20K- BANG still

Got a little over 20,000 miles and still with clutch adjusted correctly it will be smooth and fairly quite sometimes. Other times when knocked into first from neutral it will BANG loudly. Seems normal on these big twins, made in the US anyways. I do not know how the made in Japen big twins do. Just changed my oil yesterday and today it seems better and smoother, seems that way at first after every oil change on my bike.

·
13,002 Posts
The harsh clunk is normal. Have you lubed your him ends on the shifter rod and your shifter pedal arm. Have you lubed the clutch pivot housing up on the bars.
We have the same rash clunk as harley its part of the big shifter drum we have

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The harsh clunk is normal. Have you lubed your him ends on the shifter rod and your shifter pedal arm. Have you lubed the clutch pivot housing up on the bars.
We have the same rash clunk as harley its part of the big shifter drum we have

You bet, all lube completed when I replaced shifter bushings.

Thanks for the reassurance.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nearly 7k on mine and same thing, sometimes smooth and sometimes sounds like it going to blow apart. Today when going down to 2nd it double shifted on me and went straight to first, never done that before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear it is normal so i can focus on getting my next toy's for the bike. cheers

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
This sounds normal to me. I also have a Honda VTX and when i pop it in first from nuetral if makes a louder than normal clank. in fact i have come to expect this. When my XCT did the same thing i didnt pay it much mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts