Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Good for you OP! What brand of oil and filter you choose does not really matter, just as long as you change the oil at or before the mileage/time the manual says to.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Good for you OP! What brand of oil and filter you choose does not really matter, just as long as you change the oil at or before the mileage/time the manual says to.
Wow someone who speaks the truth. Oil is the oldest most frequent pointless debate in the motorcycle community.

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
Wow someone who speaks the truth. Oil is the oldest most frequent pointless debate in the motorcycle community.
Actually i have been doing oil lab tests sins the beginning of my bike and it is a FACT that the oil starts deteriorating at 7000 kilometers,

BUT it is really hot here, never ride longer then 10 minuts in 1 gear, etc etc ...

I agree, as long as there is no clutch slippage and you change your oil at lets say between 6 & 7 k kilometers then the engine is fine,

But please use a magnetic drain plug ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

But please use a magnetic drain plug ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Yeah I'm going to get 1.
I went with the heavier weight oil for summer ill switch back I. The fall.
The service manual calls for 20 40 or 15 60 so I split the middle lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Name brand

Wet clutch compatible

BAM, good to go.

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
It is not OK to go to a higher viscosity oil. This is especially true in an engine like the 106 with has two oil systems; one for lubing and one for cooling. Orifices are sized for 40 weight, not a higher one, which will slow the flow and effect cooling.
Alternately, it is OK to use a lighter cold viscosity as it is thin only at startup and then begins to thicken as the engine warms. An oil such as Rotella T-6, with a 5W-40 weight has the advantage of circulating faster on cold starts and getting the lifters operating and quieter right off the bat.
So I can't go along with xxholdxx using a higher viscosity oil.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is not OK to go to a higher viscosity oil. This is especially true in an engine like the 106 with has two oil systems; one for lubing and one for cooling. Orifices are sized for 40 weight, not a higher one, which will slow the flow and effect cooling.
Alternately, it is OK to use a lighter cold viscosity as it is thin only at startup and then begins to thicken as the engine warms. An oil such as Rotella T-6, with a 5W-40 weight has the advantage of circulating faster on cold starts and getting the lifters operating and quieter right off the bat.
So I can't go along with xxholdxx using a higher viscosity oil.
The service manual specifically states you can use 15w-60 in the bike.

Victory Semi-Synthetic Oil Type 20W40 or 15W60 synthetic Engine Oil
That is pasted directly from the service manual

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts