Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Looking at getting back into riding after about a 10 year hiatis. I was looking at a Vulcan 2000, but after talking with my dad, who has a Vision, he told me to look no farther than Victory. I found a 2004 Kingpin for $8k and am going to look at it Sunday. The only "turn off's" I can see is the 21k miles and the bluing of the pipes. If it turns out those are drag or straight pipes, no way. Just wondering if the pro's here think this is a deal, or maybe I could do better. Here's the link to the bike:
http://www.freedompowersportsnwa.co...5&Used=1&sort=model&type=text&order=ascending

I have read a ton of rider reviews as well as magazine reviews and so far every article has been positive. Another selling point is that I have seen very few being sold on e-bay or craig's list within 200 miles. So, this is the only local used Victory in my price range in the area.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Rick

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello all! Looking at getting back into riding after about a 10 year hiatis. I was looking at a Vulcan 2000, but after talking with my dad, who has a Vision, he told me to look no farther than Victory. I found a 2004 Kingpin for $8k and am going to look at it Sunday. The only "turn off's" I can see is the 21k miles and the bluing of the pipes. If it turns out those are drag or straight pipes, no way. Just wondering if the pro's here think this is a deal, or maybe I could do better. Here's the link to the bike:
http://www.freedompowersportsnwa.co...5&Used=1&sort=model&type=text&order=ascending

I have read a ton of rider reviews as well as magazine reviews and so far every article has been positive. Another selling point is that I have seen very few being sold on e-bay or craig's list within 200 miles. So, this is the only local used Victory in my price range in the area.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Rick

i have a 2004 vegas, pretty much same bike as a kingpin, with 60,000 miles on it. not one problem. change the oil. tires when needed and ride. $8k in IMHO is at the top of price list but still worth it but i'd try to talk him down some. looks to me he has victory drag pipes on it also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can't comment much on your particullar situation but IMHO you will not go wrong with a VIC. I have a 2007 Vegas 8-ball and I love it. I get WAY more compliments on my bike than my friends who have spent much more money do. You won't see many others on the road and the Victory is American made! The bike has tons of power seems to handle well to me and is just a blast to ride and I came from a crotch rocket. As for the pipes they do appear to be Victory Performance long drag pipes to me. As for a little bluing, who cares I knid of actually like that look. Maybe I'm weird, although I don't know how they would get that way as they have full heatsheilds. Well whatever you decide have fun with it.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
As long as the bike has been serviced you won't have a problem. A rider I know has over 100,000 miles, yes I said One Hundred Thousand miles on her 05 Kingpin she bought new in late 2005.

She has done all the service on time and not a problem with the nike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts