Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my 1st road trip on the new le last weekend. left Houston Friday am and rode out to Kerrville and Fredericksburg. rode the 3 sisters along with 16 and 39 Saturday (250+ miles). sunday rode over towards Llano and then back to Luckenbach for some tunes and cold beer Sunday. Back home Monday. about 1100 miles total. Bike ran great but man, does that engine (or tranny) make a racket. the old HD never sounded like that. one thing I did notice was it does not like 6th gear under 70 mph. if your going up a hill it really likes to be around 2750+ rpm or it seems to lug a bit. have a Luebeck exhaust and pretty loud and it really tends to "pop" if its lugging. pulls stronger and sounds much better around 3K rpm. also, the stock LE seat sucks. already made my June appointment with Mean City to get it reworked.
Overall I like the bike and it cruises on the highway. to avoid the rattle I just hook up the bluetooth and turn on some Pink Floyd...lol.
Ride Safe!!thumb up

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Great area for riding and really like the looks of that LE. Sounds like you had a great time. I haven't done the 3 Sisters on my vic yet but looking forward to it. I won't be able to fit it in the schedule for a few months so will probably just wait until the later part of the year when the weather starts to cool down a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts