Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just purchased a 2005 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Very exciting for me as I have wanted a Victory for a very long time. Always been a huge fan of them, especially since they were Polaris manufactured and I am a huge fan of Polaris. Anyway, hoping some wonderful people might be able to help me out with some questions I have, as I am unfamiliar with the actual build of the bike. This is only my 2nd bike, I have only been riding for 2 years and my learners bike was an '89 Suzuki Savage that I stripped and bobbed last winter. (That was a stupid easy bike to work on).

1st question, I'm not positive, but I believe the bike is lowered, as it appears to only have about 3-4 inches of ground clearance from the bottom of the frame. What should I be looking at specifically in order to decide if it is in fact lowered? On the savage I had, if I wanted to lower it, all I had to do was buy shorter shocks. At least for the back.

2nd question, does anyone have a picture of the indicator lights? All the paint on the indicator lights on this bike are wore off, so I do not know what is what, aside from high beams and neutral. Aside from pictures I found on goggle, which didn't help me all that much because I'm pretty sure the neutral light is in the lower right of the group..

Thank you in advance for input!

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Welcome to the forum, awsome that you bought a victory, regarding your questions, better click on @BBob name and find in his signature all the manuals you ever need, I printed mine in A3 size for easy reading, vics are easy to work on and most parts are still available

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum, awsome that you bought a victory, regarding your questions, better click on @BBob name and find in his signature all the manuals you ever need, I printed mine in A3 size for easy reading, vics are easy to work on and most parts are still available

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Okay, I will do that! Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hey all,

I just purchased a 2005 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Very exciting for me as I have wanted a Victory for a very long time. Always been a huge fan of them, especially since they were Polaris manufactured and I am a huge fan of Polaris. Anyway, hoping some wonderful people might be able to help me out with some questions I have, as I am unfamiliar with the actual build of the bike. This is only my 2nd bike, I have only been riding for 2 years and my learners bike was an '89 Suzuki Savage that I stripped and bobbed last winter. (That was a stupid easy bike to work on).

1st question, I'm not positive, but I believe the bike is lowered, as it appears to only have about 3-4 inches of ground clearance from the bottom of the frame. What should I be looking at specifically in order to decide if it is in fact lowered? On the savage I had, if I wanted to lower it, all I had to do was buy shorter shocks. At least for the back.

2nd question, does anyone have a picture of the indicator lights? All the paint on the indicator lights on this bike are wore off, so I do not know what is what, aside from high beams and neutral. Aside from pictures I found on goggle, which didn't help me all that much because I'm pretty sure the neutral light is in the lower right of the group..

Welcome to the forum, I ride a XC so afraid I don't know much about the 8 ball, although I have ridden one and you will love it...awesome machines... LOL careful who you say Polaris nicely to around here LOL they dropped our beloved Vics' so they're loudly sent to the corner for time out....LOL

Enjoy the info here and the ride, I'm sure some vegas guys will jump in...

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum, I ride a XC so afraid I don't know much about the 8 ball, although I have ridden one and you will love it...awesome machines... LOL careful who you say Polaris nicely to around here LOL they dropped our beloved Vics' so they're loudly sent to the corner for time out....LOL

Enjoy the info here and the ride, I'm sure some vegas guys will jump in...

Ride Safe,

Rob
Oh man, I get that. I was incredibly bummed when they did. But it also made me want a Victory all the more! Thanks for the welcome. I cannot wait for riding season here in MN. Was a beautiful day when I got the bike (sunny and 16 degrees) I got it home on a trailer, unloaded and put in the garage, then proceeded to watch 10 inches of snow crush my dreams of an early spring 😅

·
Registered
623 Posts
Oh man, I get that. I was incredibly bummed when they did. But it also made me want a Victory all the more! Thanks for the welcome. I cannot wait for riding season here in MN. Was a beautiful day when I got the bike (sunny and 16 degrees) I got it home on a trailer, unloaded and put in the garage, then proceeded to watch 10 inches of snow crush my dreams of an early spring 😅
LOL i hear that about the snow....I"m in southern ON was a nice one here today freezing still lots of snow around and sand, salt and brine on the roads here so a few more weeks lol good time for you to start going over the new baby!!

Cheers, look forward to seeing some pics!!

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all,

Here is a pic on my 06 vegas8ball And congrats,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my 8 ball so much I went out and purchased a 04 King pin. About the lowering I'am not sure.Mine is lowered & it has problems scraping on the curves, But it makes up for it in the straights. Hope this pic helps.

·
13,043 Posts
tapeek
if you have owners book read how to check the oil. You have to stand bike up-right and screw in dipstick and screw out to get reading. Your better off if the oil is just below the full mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts