Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed a witchdoctor 2 inch lowering link and shortened kickstand. First a big thanks to witchdoctor for the how-to videos. They really helped (especially the kickstand ). The lower bolts on the link and the shock were a bear. Watching Jon on the video, it looked easy. Thank God for breaker bars. The only real snag was the bolt that holds the pivot pin in place. The threads were boogered up when I removed it. Once I ran a die over the bolt, all was good and it went back together well. No test ride tonight. I was hot and the pool looked too inviting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks great Ed , I did the 1.5 drop a couple weeks ago ... A great mod !cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I meant to also say , your belt will probably be way too tight now and will need adjustment , and so will your headlight ... WD doesn't mention this ....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was wondering about the belt and didn't even think about the headlight. I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Loosen your axle nut , back both adjuster nuts off exactly 1 full turn each , tap wheel forward , tighten axle nut ... Good to go .

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
he may need to go more with a 2" drop, but that will be better then not adjusting it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Quick question for you guys that did the lowering link. I have a buddy that is 5'7" with this link. Do you think he can be flat footed on the floor or a least close?

·
13,263 Posts
Quick question for you guys that did the lowering link. I have a buddy that is 5'7" with this link. Do you think he can be flat footed on the floor or a least close?[/QUO

not knowing what lowering link he has he should come rear close to being flat footed.

Guys put 40 psi in your shock so you don't bottom out. Ride for a month all is good take 10 psi out and see what you think.
Remember you can't add air at 60 mph

·
Registered
89 Posts
Speaking from experience!! I am a bit vertically deficient at 5' 5". I have the 1&1/2 in drop link installed, I can't quite get flat footed but It's close enough that I'm very comfy with my foot placement when stopped. (Backing up is admittedly a bit of a PIA) I leave 10 psi in the shock w/the trunk on. I'll drop it to zero if I pull the trunk. This seems to work well when riding by myself. When my prettier half jumps on, I bump the shock up to 62 psi. (She only rides with the trunk on)
It may take a little experimentation to figure out exactly where you're comfy at a stop, but it's one more great excuse to go for a ride!
On a side note, I weigh in at 180, and let's say my pretty half is much less!!

·
13,263 Posts
go slow out of driveways to prevent bottoming out exhaust

·
Registered
189 Posts
I will probably install the WD link on his bike. Thanks for the quick feedback. I will pass it on to him so he can feel more comfortable.thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I will probably install the WD link on his bike. Thanks for the quick feedback. I will pass it on to him so he can feel more comfortable.thumb up

i just made a link for a buddy of mine, hes 5'6-5'7 and with 20psi in his shock and a 1.5" drop he is flat footed. i have a core link, i can make your buddy one if interested, $70 shipped plus $40 core that i return when i get his stock link back.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i just made a link for a buddy of mine, hes 5'6-5'7 and with 20psi in his shock and a 1.5" drop he is flat footed. i have a core link, i can make your buddy one if interested, $70 shipped plus $40 core that i return when i get his stock link back.
I will let you know, he is currently in Paris right now. Have to wait till he gets back.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have the Miller link , its better then new .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mr. Miller,

I'll take you up on a 1.5" lowering link if you have another core to work with. I'll be happy to send you my stocker after the install.

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
813 Posts
So how is the best way to check the belt without the correct tool? I put an adjustable link in and lowered it about 1/2". How can I test to see if it is adjusted correct?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Mr. Miller,

I'll take you up on a 1.5" lowering link if you have another core to work with. I'll be happy to send you my stocker after the install.

Thanks, Jim

shoot me a pm, we will get you taken care of!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
So how is the best way to check the belt without the correct tool? I put an adjustable link in and lowered it about 1/2". How can I test to see if it is adjusted correct?

the tool is about $15, buy one and get it right.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts