Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wife and I are both about 200lbs, me I'm a fatty because I love food, her because of a liver issue, so no judgements please, saddlebags and rear bag rarely have more than ~30lbs max combined.
Yes I realize it's a large cruiser, but I love to push it a bit all the time and especially in the corners 9n the exits. there's rarely a ride that I do, even on my 33km ride to work, that I don't hit 160 to 180 kph, and on twisty roads, usually 10 to 40 over the recommended yellow signs posted. It's a rare trip that I'm at the speed limit.
So is there a way to raise the rear an inch or so, I've scraped a few times leaving businesses, sloped sidewalk and a bit of a turn means the exhaust of that side is getting scraped a bit. I don't care because it's just cosmetic, but I AM concerned about when it happens in a turn and im pushing it, it's not like a footpeg/board, that will bend back out of the way, it has the potential to ruin your life if it catches.
I've already increased air in the shock to whatever the manual says plus 4 lbs more for whatever 400lbs required.

2nd item. Mazuto exhaust, any good for sound, ordered the 4 inch and I'm hoping it will have a dirty nasty sound from start to 5000 rpm, it's got stock exhaust now, maybe trioval, and it's got a bit of sound, but I want louder and all the way to 5 grand, currently it seems to lose all noise at about 3500 and up. Good sound from what I can tell until then, but half way isn't cutting it.

Thanks in advance for all feedback and recommendations.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Are you for real? Hate your neighbors? Is this a test?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Can't find any reference to a "Mazuto exhaust " anywhere on the net - got a link?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Reactions: Icarium81

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the exhaust, installation wasn't bad, the original pipe clamps don't fit though, or i should say, the spacer that keeps you from over tightening it, doesn't move outwards enough to slide over the pipe fully like it was. Solid sounding pipes, definitely gives a more throaty growl up to about 4800 or so rpm. Nothing special when letting it rundown the rpm though. Our previous bike an 1100 vstar with BARON slip ons, sounded like a big rig using it's engine brake.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160154343507802&id=509142801

1 - 6 of 6 Posts