Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5'10" 190 lbs. Recently got a 2014 Hammer 8 Ball. After putting on the touring seat (thicker padding) I'm feeling a little cramped in the legs. I'm curios if any other 5'10" Hammer 8 Ball riders feel this way. I'm thinking 2" Forward Controls will help. But then I'm not sure if 4" Forward Controls would be better. Hate to spend money on 2", then have to spend more money on 4". Any advise is appreciated, Thanks. -Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I'm confused- wouldn't a thicker seat make you more stretched? In which case forward controls are going to stretch you more? Sounds like you need a thiner seat, in which case you should get your factory seat remoulded and covered, and in doing so they can use better foam and a better shape so that it's way softer and a better fit for long trips than the factory seat- end up with a way more comfortable seat.

BTW- I'm 6 foot and have a recovered seat....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thicker seat, pushes your position forward a bit. Touring seat thicker on the back side in addition to the bottom.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
SW , what does your inseam measure ?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Thicker seat, pushes your position forward a bit. Touring seat thicker on the back side in addition to the bottom.
Ah, sorry man totally didn't get that.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have a 34" inseam and was happy on my Hammer with 4" EX. You may do just as well with 2" EX , cheaper and easier to install . I had the touring seat too . thumb up

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 34" inseam and was happy on my Hammer with 4" EX. You may do just as well with 2" EX , cheaper and easier to install . I had the touring seat too . thumb up
Great! Thank you Lilmags! Just the sort of real world advise I was looking for. I was leaning toward the 2" but I wasn't sure and have no one to ask.

Thanks guys, have a great day, ride safe.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
SWRidin, I'm the same height and weight. I made a 2 inch extension kit and it is perfect. I personally think 4 inch would be to far forward to be comfortable shifting gears.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Would the Vegas 2" kit that puts them forwar two and up one inch fit the Hammer too? I can't see why they wouldn't but want to check. When I had the WD set on my highball it made my ness pegs really stick out too far and I felt like I would drag them. The Vegas ones putting them up an once would have been better.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You have a Hammer S so you already have the forward set (if that's what you mean?) I've posted this pic before of the set I made but I raised in them 1" and forward 2" (painted black now) .

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
The Hammer S already has forward controls compared to the Vegas/Highball? I didn't know that. I have a set like what you have made and I was going to fit them.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The Hammer S already has forward controls compared to the Vegas/Highball? I didn't know that. I have a set like what you have made and I was going to fit them.
Yes the Hammer S has the forward and raised pegs compared to the Hammer 8 ball.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I didn't know that! Is the foot peg mount a different shape to move it forward or does it have extensions on it?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I could probably make you a set if wanted, just have to find a longer shift rod...
if it would work on an 06 hammer, you could consider another set sold... cheers

·
12,970 Posts
Keep in mind you wand a bend to your leg. You don't want your leg locked straight out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts