Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 2011 XC to the dealer to install the SRVT 2" pullback bars. Service mgr says need 3"+ cables. Santa Rosa says there should be no problems with stock cables (which this forum agrees with) and to have the tech call SR and they'll talk them thru the install.
is there any tips I can pass to the tech on routing the cables.

·
Premium Member
13,172 Posts
They fit. I have them on mine. In fact I have the 2 - 1/4" extended bars SRVT use to make and they fit. It's tight though. If they are having trouble getting them to fit I'd question their mechanical ability. The brake line is really the only trouble maker and the fix is to loosen the bolt at the master cylinder brake line enough to turn it so it fits and re-tighten it. No bleeding of the brakes is necessary if done right.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have them & dealer installed. No problems. Maybe a different dealer/service dept. is in order????

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I put XC bars on my XR with little problems; they are closer th 3" pull back. I had to route the cruise and the front brake line under the top tree but the fit without tension or rubbing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was the perfect excuse to go with all new braided stainless steel lines I wanted (needed?). I went with XC bars on my XR and it did add 3". That had to be a tight fit with OEM cables.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Not snug at all; all of the cables/electrical droop in between the hangers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Am I missing something? I remember more posts to this thread.

·
Registered
381 Posts
On another forum, maybe??
Unless I was dreaming I remember a post (here) where she was threatening to take her bike away on a trailer if it wasn't together after an argument with the service manager. Of course.. it could have been a dream. :crzy:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heavily edited my posts.
No Ronou, you weren't dreaming. It wasn't an "argument", it was a lively difference of opinions.
Bike came home with new bars, not on a trailer, with a long disclaimer on the service ticket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts