Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 V92TC Deluxe with under 8,000 miles on the odometer for a great price. To make the deal even sweeter there was a number of extras included and one of them was a flat black 2 into 1 Kuraykyn exhaust (I'm sure I butchered the spelling there) that the previous owner ran on this machine for a while but removed because of it's "extreme bark". The exhaust is in good shape and weighs a fraction of the stock exhaust and I have considered re installing the 2-1 but the loudness is not something I like. Does anyone know if I can tone down that "bark" with a different baffle (the baffle is removable) and whether I would need to install a different chip to make this system compatible? Thanks for the thoughts and safe riding. Markarcher

·
13,043 Posts
I doughty its Kuryakyn pretty sure they don't make Vic exhaust.
Could be Bassani could be RPW or suppertrap maybe it a Vic 2 into 1 pipe.

If you don't see a name one post a photo here and some one will tell you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mystery 2 into 1..?

Thanks VisionJohnny,
I did look to see if I could find a brand on that flat black 2 into 1 that was mounted on my Vic' and could not find any markings. You are probably right about it NOT being a Kuryakyn (however you spell it!) since I went to their website and could not find any exhaust system that was made for the V92TC series. I will get a photo and post that, as you suggested. Thanks so much for your thoughts and input.
Safe riding, Markarcher

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
baffles

there are lots of "universal" baffles available, if you have any in now remove + measure diameter, longer baffles can be quieter, many owners remove, shorten, or drill out for more noise, as stated a pic or two is worth a million words!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your thoughts, Rodhotter! I will see what that baffle looks like when removed and will post a pic to help with identification.
I have to add that it is good to be back in the saddle after a head-on with an SUV that swerved into my lane on June 21st and totaled my bike, broke a toe, my left leg, punctured my left leg, dislocated my left hip, shattered my right wrist, tore the ligaments in my right knee, and inflicted some rather terrifying black and blue to my, uh, "groin area" from right knee to left knee (you guys use your imagination...!!) Back riding on Sept.15th.
Safe riding! Markarcher

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
tough guy

sorry to hear of your accident but glad for your great recovery, theres more to getting better than the medical part, your obvious drive + determination is surely tops! good luck in the future!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts