Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to rid of the stock seats. The lady and I are taking a 3-4 hour trip in a month. She can't last 30 minutes on the stock seat, so it's time to look else where. Ive narrowed down to the Drag Specialties low profile touring seat vs Corbin 2 up touring seat.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Before you waste your money... Get your old lady a sheep skin. Take your stock passenger seat and have it reworked over the winter.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before you waste your money... Get your old lady a sheep skin. Take your stock passenger seat and have it reworked over the winter.
Any ideas who to shop from?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get the seat reworked? Where are you located?
Well both I guess. I added a backrest which really helped with discomfort of the passenger seat for her, now she complaints of tailbone pain. Now I realize the optimal thing would have been to buy a touring bike. But that isn't any option. I have heard of airhawk and a little about sheepskin, however I know very little about sheep skin. I live in St Louis. I have heard of a few places to send the seat into to have it re-done. Just thought it may be more comfortable for her and myself for a new seat.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Custom seat work is often less expensive and you get superior results. I would just do a Google search for your area. I had my XC seat reworked by a local upholstery shop adding gel inserts for myself and my old lady. It only cost me $250 and my seat is incredibly comfortable. The sheepskin is just a simple piece of furry padding that increases comfort for your woman. You can usually purchase them at an MC accessory shop, online, or any HD dealer. There is a wider more superior touring passenger seat for the Vegas, Highball, Kingpin... I would try looking for a used one on this forum and eBay. What backrest have you got?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Custom seat work is often less expensive and you get superior results. I would just do a Google search for your area. I had my XC seat reworked by a local upholstery shop adding gel inserts for myself and my old lady. It only cost me $250 and my seat is incredibly comfortable. The sheepskin is just a simple piece of furry padding that increases comfort for your woman. You can usually purchase them at an MC accessory shop, online, or any HD dealer. There is a wider more superior touring passenger seat for the Vegas, Highball, Kingpin... I would try looking for a used one on this forum and eBay. What backrest have you got?
Well I have seen the Victory touring passenger seat, but have heard it's doesn't leave much to be desired. I purchased a BDD backrest and luggage rack. Backrest is super comfortable for her. Just have to figure this dilemma out.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
While I am sure in stock form the Vic touring seat doesn't leave much to be desired... But I bet you can get a used one for cheap and have it reworked for your lovely lady. I know some of the seats you can purchase from places like Corbin and such seem like a good idea... In my experience they are usually not that great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Long rides were rough on my stock Jackpot seat. I purchased a duel touring with two backrests from Corbin. I've owned Corbin in the past and they hold up real well. They actually get better as they get older.
The passenger seat is much more substantial and supportive. My wife feels much more comfortable and secure with the backrest as well. Only down sides are the seat definitely changes the profile of the bike because its much taller and its super expensive. I think it was definitely worth the money for how much more comfortable the ride is. This is my first seat with a backrest for the rider and I definitely like having it too.

Good luck

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts