Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw this topic before but now I am not able to find it.

I am taking on the winter project of powder coating my wheels. While I have the bike apart I want to put a rear tire on it.

I was curious what experiences others have had putting a 200 on the rear of their Vegas.

I wasn't sure if I should do the 200/50 or the 200/55.

I wouldn't want to raise the RPM at cruising speed by putting too low profile of a tire on it so I was thinking about the 200/55.

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Avon used to make a 55 series tire in their Venom line. I rode a Vegas for about a year with that wheel/tire combo and loved it! Technically people are going to come down on you because it is a bit of a squeeze to fit the tire on that rim, but hell, there are guys running car tires on their bikes all the time too!
A bit of swingarm grinding may be needed, and I haven't ever tried another brand of 200, but I say go ahead!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I has asked a question like that last summer cause I wanted to throw a 250 - 280 tire on my 2011 vegas 8-ball. wish I could find it to direct you but 'Im not sure if I had to change my swing arm but I felt it would be best then you would have to get a new fender to accommodate the new tire as the new fender would be wider you'd have to weld some new tabs to mount it and a new gear off the final drive ( something to do with belt allignment) any way Kevin X is God to me here if there's anyone on this blog that will answer your question it's him. He answered mine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Avon used to make a 55 series tire in their Venom line. I rode a Vegas for about a year with that wheel/tire combo and loved it! Technically people are going to come down on you because it is a bit of a squeeze to fit the tire on that rim, but hell, there are guys running car tires on their bikes all the time too!
A bit of swingarm grinding may be needed, and I haven't ever tried another brand of 200, but I say go ahead!

Thank you for the reply!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts